Thread: Metal Glacier Goats and Sheep hunters

Default Metal Glacier Goats and Sheep hunters

So I am all set to go out and hopefully harvest a goat in the Metal Glacier area. I have my flight in/out scheduled and all set to go. Just wondering if anybody has been sheep hunting out there this year or if anyone has been flying in the area that can report as to how/where the goats may be lurking. I am limited on funds, so a scouting flight isn't possible. I plan on flying in on Sept 11 and getting dropped at the furthest airstrip up the left fork of Friday Creek. From there I can go anywhere. Thanks or the tips or advise.
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!

With the tons of people flying the areas I am shocked nobody has any intel or details....Bummer

Mums the word. You really expect someone will give you any info on a public forum? The best you will get is: goats are where you find them.
    Good luck and report back with pics.

Quote Originally Posted by knikglacier View Post
    Mums the word. You really expect someone will give you any info on a public forum? The best you will get is: goats are where you find them.
    Good luck and report back with pics.
    Its a draw hunt and I am not asking for anything like a secret spot, I am asking where guys flying have been seeing them to save me hiking time, like" Up metal creek" or what have you. Yes, I expect people to help because that's what we do on this forum. Thanks for your time.

Just sent you a PM. I can help you out.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

I harvested a B&C goat up grasshopper/marcus baker valley several years ago. Goats were on the right going upriver. Seriously though, the population is healthy and goats can and do appear in a variety of locations. Do your work behind the glass- it is the most effective way to hunt the high country right? Know what a mature billy looks like. Have fun- that's a great area.
    Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes. ~Wilde

Hello All! First post, new to the forum. I would love to hear how you did Kingfisher. I drew 890 as well and will be out there in two weeks. Any fresh intel on goat movement in the 14A area would be appreciated. I've had success up East Fork of Eklutna but the Metal/Friday/Carpenter area is new to me.

Thanks,
    Wyatt

Likewise Hunt'N. Would really appreciate any aerial observations but I don't believe I am able to initiate PMs yet.

Thanks,
    Wyatt

I hunted in the left fork of Friday creek. Seen a few goats and shot one. Many more goats up over the pass in metal creek. If possible get dropped off at the metal glacier. Good goat numbers up there but pilot wouldn't land that day up there. I planned on hiking over the pass but spotted the billy I shot within 2 miles of where I got dropped off.