Thread: duck dog

Default duck dog

hey guys I'm looking for a good choc. lab for duck hunting and was wondering if anyone on here new of a good place to start looking.

Thanks,

Richie

Default Duck dogs

Try the pound first. Usually can get a good pooch young & strong (as I did). Also try searching the Web for rescued labs. I know there's one in the Valley.
    Also, remember that a dog is only as good as it's owner.

All the best!

Steve

appreciate man...how is your dog doing in the blind?

thanks again,

Richie

Default Try Wetland Retrievers in Palmer . .

Baron and Alicia in Palmer run a retriever rescue service. Their "inventory" varies from time to time, but it's a great service.

www.wetlandretrievers.net
    907-357-LABS

Pictures of our two we adopted last fall . . .

I'm trying to get with baron right now to start the chocolate - I'm running out of time for everything . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default AK Lab Rescue

Here are a couple places i found http://www.grrf.org/index.html this is a mostly Golden Retriever Rescue but they do have some labs and such also. Also try this one they do both lab rescue and training. http://www.wetlandretrievers.net/ good luck finding the right dog for you.

Default pups

A friend of mine just had a litter of pups about 2 weeks ago. There were 3 yellow and 10 blacks! They have a few still looking for homes if your interested.

Contact info is

smonetti@northstar.k12.ak.us
    karl@monettiguitars.com

Good luck with your search!

Talking pound dog

Hi Richie,
    My lab is wonderful in the blind. She listens to me and doesn't whine. We do some reinforcement before the season, but for the most part, once she learned what a duck was, she doesn't even look at the seagulls. I put her facing me in the blind -- she watches my back.
    I had a friend come up from Outside and took him quack,quack, boom, booming. He had hit a duck, and it landed on the other side of the pond, where it made a hasty retreat into the long grass. Dog went to last spot where she saw the quacker and seemed to have lost it. She looked up at me and I pointed to the right. Off she goes. Next thing you know, she's coming back with the duck in mouth!! I never trained her for hand signals!! She's my second best friend.

later,

Steve

Frency in AK,
    thanks for the info about the litter of pups....too bad they don't have a chocolate one cause thats what I really want...thanks again for the info

Emrdux,
    thats awesome about your dog...you gotta love it when your dog works like that! My buddy had an awesome bird dog and it really made our hunts that much more enjoyable...and now thats what I'm looking for.

Richie

Default Huntin Dawg

I don't have any litters planned until later this fall.
    But I did just get in a 7 month old choc female in the rescue program. Don't know much about her personality yet. She passed our screening test and is getting along with the other dogs. Let me know if you are interested.

Default I have a Chessie

I have a 6 yo. Chesapeake if you are interested in going that route. I haven't hunted ducks for two years but she is a good hunter. She isn't mean but she is protective. I hate to get rid of her but we have a neighbor that she doesn't like and we can't afford to fence our yard. I just can't bring myself to keep her tied out. If you are interested, email me @ k9trapper1@acsalaska.net