Thread: Cordova - Hunting & fishing in Sept

Default Cordova - Hunting & fishing in Sept

I am looking at a trip to Cordova the first week in September. I'd like to view brown bears, moose, and would love an opportunity at killing a black bear and/or deer, in addition to fishing silvers and trout.

Would this a good place to rent a car and hunt/fish the road system, say out to the million dollar bridge?

I live in Cordova, grew up here. The road is good for silvers and duck hunting. You will see some jumbo moose. You got to draw for moose here unless you hunt the east side of the Copper. Its tough though with non moterized and new airboat laws. Local knowledge and a plane helps. You might get lucky and see a brown or black bear. Its better to have a boat for bear or deer. For the most part its like the rest of the state, the real Alaska starts when you get away from the road system. If you want real success you need to charter a plane or boat or bring you own. Like any new area, you can expect a learning curve.

Upper Edge

Thanks for the info. Viewing jumbo moose and good fishing rates high in my book. Incedental black bear kill would be just bonus.