Thread: Weedend of Shrimping

Default Weedend of Shrimping

Finally made it out onto to water for a weekend of hunting shrimp. Had to hit 4 different spots and only ended up with 1115 but they were mostly good sized. Here is a pic of the largest
    Attached Images Attached Images

Only 1115? Man...you have some high standards! That sounds like a great haul!

I am usually getting about 115 for a weekend trip. You musta hid motherloat (spelling puns intended)!

Wow! That's like 92 dozen, I would gladly hang with you. Post up some details, how deep, bait used etc. I know I'm not the only one who would love to hear all about it. Congrats, that's a huge haul and hopefully a lot of fun!
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Stanly, there's a saying here about shrimp spots "most guys would let you sleep with there wife before they gave up their shrimping holes". There is a lot of truth to that. It took me 10 years to figure it out, so all I will say is 450' is what works for me. I also think the shrimp are making a comeback and there are a lot more of them now as opposed to 10 years ago. We are catching a lot more late in the year that have eggs. Used to not be that way. Maybe there is enough food source that they are laying multiple times a year? Don't know.

We have been getting a few with eggs all season. It seems the further from Whittier the better.

I was dropping about 450' last weekend too, did better than deeper or shallower. Got about half that number but was the best weekend I've had so far!