Thread: Campbell Creek Coho?

Default Campbell Creek Coho?

Anyone have any news regarding coho in the creek? Words of seem to be sparse and few between.

Default News of cambell

waiting for you to try it out do let us know so we can all go an get some SID

I went out today by taku lake, and walked about a mile downstream from the parking lot along some trails. I didn't see any except a big bow and a lot of zombie chinooks. Should I just keep pounding a hole even if I dont see any fish?

Quote Originally Posted by zxjonathan View Post
    I went out today by taku lake, and walked about a mile downstream from the parking lot along some trails. I didn't see any except a big bow and a lot of zombie chinooks. Should I just keep pounding a hole even if I dont see any fish?
    No, if you are using proper tackle and you don't get a hit in the first ten minutes, move. I cover a lot of ground and give a good looking hole 5-10 casts, if no takes I move on. Until more coho move in to the lower section from Campbell Lake, your time will be better spent fishing higher up in the system. The fish are there, I saw them yesterday.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

They are there....

The thing about CK, is finding the holes with fish, theirs a number of them that for whatever reason are devoid of them. And if you can easily see them, they can easily see you....they for us atleast over the years have been spooky....they wont move too much but they will shut off. I liked fishing it when it was slightly dirty.

Its a small creek, that's not plugged with thousands of fish. Treat it like a steelhead river and you'll do well. think low water flies, light line, and be prepared to run around snags to not wrap fish! Fun place, followed up by some corn fritters and honey butter at the Sourdough mining company!

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    They are there....

The thing about CK, is finding the holes with fish, theirs a number of them that for whatever reason are devoid of them. And if you can easily see them, they can easily see you....they for us atleast over the years have been spooky....they wont move too much but they will shut off. I liked fishing it when it was slightly dirty.

Its a small creek, that's not plugged with thousands of fish. Treat it like a steelhead river and you'll do well. think low water flies, light line, and be prepared to run around snags to not wrap fish! Fun place, followed up by some corn fritters and honey butter at the Sourdough mining company!
    looks like i was fishing the wrong section of the creek.. I did well the last 2 weekends but the last few days have been horrible. not one fish in sight from taku lake down to the dimond bridge.

We got our limits higher up the system on Friday, but went back today and didn't see a single fish. We need rain!!!
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

I kayaked Campbell Creek yesterday, 27 August from Lake Otis to Taku Lake. Most of the fish I saw were below Old Seward, but there still were not that many. The creek is low (I was out of the kayak 6 times dragging). There were two fisherman trying to entice fish out of their honey holes.