Thread: selling guns through a local ffl ?

Default selling guns through a local ffl ?

Seems like I missed a chance to sell some firearms through mountain view sports for a low $25 fee; would like to sell several firearms through a FFL without getting bent over on the charge - do any local anchorage FFL's do this ?

What do you have? As a buyer I'd be glad to pay the FFL fee. you can PM me if you like. thanks

Not sure what it is your asking. Are you looking for just a transfer through an FFL to background the buyer or are you wanting to consign your gun for them to sell for you?

If the latter it used to be best to go see Ken at Wild West and sell it outright to them . . . but now that Ken doesn't work there I don't know if you'll get a reasonable wholesale price on it. You will never get retail because they are there to make money and to do that they can't buy at retail price. I doubt anyone will consign for a flat $25 as it's usually 25% and often more.

You will get the best price putting it on Alaskaslist.com and selling yourself.
    If something of limited Alaska demand Gunbroker.com is often better.

If just a transfer almost any FFL will do that . . . fees very from $10 to like $50 and sometimes free for vets or LEOs.

On a side note . . . is 907BigBoyToys closed up for good now guys?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Who does transfers for $10?

Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    We have dealers in Iowa that do transfers for nothing! As one dealer put it. I am in competition for their business. It costs me nothing to do the transfer and it gets them in my store. If I do it for nothing and am nice about it they always come back. If I charge them 50 bucks they never come back. This dealer had people drive right past a half dozen other dealers to get to his business. He retired 2 years ago and doesn't have his shop open the set hours like a store anymore but he still answers his cell phone and takes care of his customers from times past. At least one dealer has followed in Ray's steps and is now doing transfers for free(ay least he did for me) and he is probably the fastest growing gun shop in Iowa. The key is getting people in the door and then getting them to like you. Service is everything. Over the last 50 years there have been no less than a dozen gun shops open in this town only to fold and close the doors with in a few years. If they would have watched and learned instead of competing against Ray they might still be in business.

Sell face to face and skip the FFL. If you're selling out of state, only the buyer needs to go through an FFL.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Arctic Ammo on PW Highway in the Valley and a couple others.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Arctic Ammo on PW Highway in the Valley and a couple others.

I want to say they are 10% on cosignment fees also.