Thread: Flying during the Presidents visit,

Default Flying during the Presidents visit,

To all those using an air charter for their hunting during President Obama's visit please be aware of the Presidential TFR. That is all flying is shut down completely within a 5 mile radius of Anchorage. Outside of that 5 mile radius there is a 30 mile radius where all flying has to be approved before take off.

If the President wishes to go see Kotzebue or Bethel, well you better plan ahead. He's arriving at the end of this month.

With your limited road systems I bet that will be a hoot too! He came to Spfd., a few years back, and they warned everyone of the route and road closures - then he went a different route and what a mess with so many roads closed for a long time! Should be interesting with all the hunters scurrying around carrying sidearms!
    Rumor has it he is meeting Putin there to sign over Alaska as he lost it in a golf bet to the ruskie??? I dunno?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenatak View Post
    To all those using an air charter for their hunting during President Obama's visit please be aware of the Presidential TFR. That is all flying is shut down completely within a 5 mile radius of Anchorage. Outside of that 5 mile radius there is a 30 mile radius where all flying has to be approved before take off.

If the President wishes to go see Kotzebue or Bethel, well you better plan ahead. He's arriving at the end of this month.
    He would come to F up our hunting season
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntAK59 View Post

Nah..Just for the ribbon cutting of ANWR
    I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

Quote Originally Posted by HuntAK59 View Post
    Ha ha! Dillingham is gonna get totally closed down right in the busiest time of the year for outfitters. What a blessing.

While nearly all presidential visits have been a fueling stop over and a hangar visit, Obama's visit is to attend a conference. He is supposed to be in AK for a few days.
    Last edited by Brian M; 08-25-2015 at 15:14.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Really? I've never heard of such a thing. So how long will the airports be shut down? It is just while he is in the air or while he is on the ground too? That could really mess up some people's plans. I'm glad I'm going hunting in late September. Hopefully he'll be gone by that time. And I don't plan on going to Kotz, Bethel, or Anchorage anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Really? I've never heard of such a thing. So how long will the airports be shut down?
    While he's on the ground too. Restricted airspace around (typically fixed) ground locations goes back at least 45-50 years. The mobile TFR has become a thing since 2001.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

This thread is for discussion of flying restrictions during the President's visit, not for political commentary. Please adhere to our forum guidelines.

Six VIP TFR's currently on the list in AK. http://tfr.faa.gov/tfr2/list.jsp
    #Resist