Thread: Now seen it all

Default Now seen it all

Been here all my life, born before statehood, grew up in Anchorage, Haines and Palmer. Spent quite a bit of my younger years in the Valley. After military, lived in Anchorage because of work. Almost exclusively hunted Unit 13 for 50 years. Quit that about 3 years ago because hunting buddies wanted to try elsewhere. To my surprise, my 19 year old grandson asked me to go with him on the RC566 hunt. What a treat! Went to Eureka, parked at Old Man with the masses. Motored back to the Black River and set camp up. A boo was harvested opening day. We returned on the 13 of August to Old Man lot. Imagine my surprise when I looked at my trailer, just days before the hunt, was at Tcraft and bought 4 new tires on rims. Mind you, there was a used spare in the bed of the pickup. Looked down while cinching the atv's secure, and some f****** had stolen my brand new tire off the trailer AND the bearing buddy. I know that this as****** is in the extreme minority of us fellow hunters. I only wish that they will get their just deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by akguy View Post
    I only wish that they will get their just deserves.
    You bet..... hopefully Karma will be a real bit*h for them...!!!

Really sorry to hear this....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Had something like that snow machining used to be able to leave 5 gal gas jug in bed of your truck, not anymore *******s

yeah in 2008 i was other side of Palmer and parked at a old road trail area for the day while i was out sking, some dip**** somehow got my truckdoor open and stole a 9mm pistol in my glove box and some loose change, and scratched my truck door in the process, so there is some dip****s out there.

Sorry to hear that I grew up in the valley also a lot has changed that is for sure. But Im a true believer that what goes around comes around.
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

So sorry that happened to you. Thieves are every where, they hunt, fish, camp, hike, etc. so it is hard to get away from them. I wish our laws were different so thieves could be dealt with more harshly and they lived in fear of being caught. I spent 26 years of my life dealing with them and their criminal thinking and I know 3 hots and a cot ain't much of a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    I spent 26 years of my life dealing with them and their criminal thinking and I know 3 hots and a cot ain't much of a deterrent.
    Yeah, I guess the ol' ball-n-chain / hard labor would be considered too barbaric to all these bleeding hearts nowadays......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Thieves are every where, they hunt, fish, camp, hike, etc. so it is hard to get away from them.
    Yeah. They come here "for the opportunities."
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist