Thread: help with Kenai silvers

Default help with Kenai silvers

I have an opportunity to fish mid August on Kenai river. I am new to silver fishing and will be limited to bank fishing. Would anyone be willing to share some advice on what lures to use colors and speed of retrieve? Thanks.

[QUOTE=Kyfish;1497311]I have an opportunity to fish mid August on Kenai river. I am new to silver fishing and will be limited to bank fishing. Would anyone be willing to share some advice on what lures to use colors and speed of retrieve? Thanks.[/QUOTE
    Come on guys 250+ views and no one is willing help with tips on what baits work from shore? I am not asking for your secret spot. Is anyone willing to help a rookie out here?

I would just go right down from the bridge and float a bobber with row. Alot of people walk the boardwalk there and limit put.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Go to Ken's Tackle or Soldotna Hardware (both in Soldotna) and they should know what's working while you're there.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

[QUOTE=Kyfish;1497876]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyfish View Post
    I have an opportunity to fish mid August on Kenai river. I am new to silver fishing and will be limited to bank fishing. Would anyone be willing to share some advice on what lures to use colors and speed of retrieve? Thanks.[/QUOTE
    Come on guys 250+ views and no one is willing help with tips on what baits work from shore? I am not asking for your secret spot. Is anyone willing to help a rookie out here?
    Look at the map on page 72 for reference. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...kenairiver.pdf Centenial Park, Soldotna Visitor's Center, Soldotna Creek Park, Morgan's, Bings Landing, Izaak Walton State Recreation Site, are a few places to try your luck. Spinners in sizes 3-5 in various colors will produce. Go-to colors would be hot pink, orange, chartreuse, silver etc. Various spoons will also work such as Blue Fox Pixees or Krocodiles. I would only use spinners and spoons in areas with little to no water velocity. With spinners and spoons, you want a slow and steady retrieve. Eggs or shrimp under a slip bobber can be deadly as well as soaking eggs or shrimp on the bottom of the river. Again, you need to focus your effort where there is little to no water velocity. I personally like to fish with a slip bobber and eggs if the conditions are conducive. Don't forget about the Anchor, Deep Creek, Kasilof, and Swanson River for silvers. Let me know if you have any further questions.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Fish god set you in the right direction. All those places should produce fish with time put in. Centennial is always a good spot to if nothing else sit and watch and see how other anglers are catching fish and try to duplicate

Thanks for all the help guys. I have caught and released several dollies and rainbows so far while silver fishing. I actually caught a few silvers flipping for reds. I have witnessed centennial and visitors center produce fish with eggs. Planning on continuing my efforts.