Thread: Zone 2 from Circle Hot Springs

Default Zone 2 from Circle Hot Springs

I have shot a few from this herd but i have never attempted to get one in zone 2 in the fall. I dont have access to a boat and i am attempting to access it from circle hot springs down to zone 2 via crossing birch creek. I have already looked into huntable drainages. I am just looking for info on any trails that lead to birch creek that go south east from circle hot springs. Also i was on that strech of birch creek last winter duiring the winter hunt and the creek was about a foot deep. Does anyone have a idea of how deep the creek is this time of year. thanks for any info.
    Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmagers View Post
    I have shot a few from this herd but i have never attempted to get one in zone 2 in the fall. I dont have access to a boat and i am attempting to access it from circle hot springs down to zone 2 via crossing birch creek. I have already looked into huntable drainages. I am just looking for info on any trails that lead to birch creek that go south east from circle hot springs. Also i was on that strech of birch creek last winter duiring the winter hunt and the creek was about a foot deep. Does anyone have a idea of how deep the creek is this time of year. thanks for any info.
    Unless your wanting to get in trouble I would advise not attempting to cross birch creek.

Have you noticed how high the Chena is in town? With all the rain in the last 3 weeks, I suspect most drainages are running on the high side.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Maybe i am naive, but why would i get in trouble for crossing it. Are you speaking of law breaking or of miners?
    Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

Perhaps Fullfreezer is merely stating that the trouble you may incur crossing Birch Creek might be hazardous to your health and well being! I was in Circle last weekend and Birch Creek is mighty high, you might want to put floats on that wheeler...

Default Zone 2 from Circle Hot Springs

He also may be referring to the fact that birch creek is a BLM administered Wild and Scenic River. Pretty sure there is a non motorized corridor or buffer during the non winter months. So not only is crossing it hazardous to your health and safety, it is also against the law. I could be wrong and maybe the stretch you are looking at crossing is outside the WSR corridor. Pretty wet and swampy country
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    He also may be referring to the fact that birch creek is a BLM administered Wild and Scenic River. Pretty sure there is a non motorized corridor or buffer during the non winter months. So not only is crossing it hazardous to your health and safety, it is also against the law. I could be wrong and maybe the stretch you are looking at crossing is outside the WSR corridor. Pretty wet and swampy country
    Correct, besides the high water it's a big No-No to cross the corridor/river.