Thread: Grizzly Tagging Requirements - Units 13 and 20

Default Grizzly Tagging Requirements - Units 13 and 20

I've never gone hunting for grizzlies before, but have a few hunts planned in Units 13 and 20 this fall and thought I should prepare myself for the chance encounter with one. After reading the regulation book, it appears as though no Harvest Ticket or Locking Tag is required (I am an AK resident) for either unit, and that the only requirement is to get the hide/skull sealed. Can somebody confirm this for me, or let me know what I'm missing. It just seems counterintuitive that I don't have a specific tag for the animal, but I can't locate any place that says I do.

Thanks,
    -Steven

Confirmed. "No resident tag required", "Evidence of sex must remain naturally attached to the hide."

The regulations for Unit 13 and Unit 20 are pretty clear as it states above the brown/griz line on the table "no resident tag required" and then does not even have a box in the permit column. all you have to do is get the skull and hide sealed.You have to leave evidence of sex attached to the side.

Thanks guys. That's exactly the language I was seeing in the regulations as well, it just seemed counterintuitive and wanted to confirm before I went out there unprepared.

I hope you get one! My hunting partner and I fell into a couple pretty silver siblings two seasons ago in 13; brought them both home with us. No tag, evidence of sex attached. No issues getting them sealed.