Thread: Willow Creek water conditions?

Default Willow Creek water conditions?

Any reports from the water today? Looking to chase rainbows and grayling, but not sure if the water will be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Any reports from the water today? Looking to chase rainbows and grayling, but not sure if the water will be clear.
    Water levels spiked yesterday but the water never got to chocolate milk status. Today, the water is coming down almost as fast as it went up yesterday. I'd suspect clarity to be good currently as water levels reach average flows for this time of year. It should be gin clear by tomorrow.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

fish it dirty!

Got an 8 day break next week if you're up for bow chasing Brian!

Man, I'd love to, but I'm back at work as of today. Helping a friend with his caribou hunt this weekend, so that's shot. Possibly an evening? I sure would love to go with someone who knows what they're doing. We fished it on Tuesday, and I apparently don't have the first clue how to catch a rainbow on that river. Sure are a lot of chums and pinks, but I couldn't scare up a rainbow.

Rainbows were a bit on the tougher side up there last week. Didn't target them when we ran into you the other day though. Last year fishing seemed to really pick up right around this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fishing has been outstanding in a few specific areas (right behind the spawning kings). It only gets better from here.

My break starts next Tuesday, 8 days off. Let me know your schedule. I can bring the raft down.

D

Cletus beats that stream pretty hard

Default Willow Creek water conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody77 View Post
    Cletus beats that stream pretty hard
    I beat that creek pretty hard. Never met a Cletus. Maybe I'm Cletus?

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    yeah yeah we're all Cletus......lol

Default Cletus

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post

I don't know Danner, but if you or any of your kin folk were responsible for this picture, then yes. You are Cletus. I saw no less than ten of these trashed river bank fire rings while wading. This one on Willow was the worst, not to mention it was 200 yards down from pieces of a Moose carcass....from.....May/June Moose season?

You think these people take care of the fish and the resource? I'm sure plenty of rainbows from that no retention stream end up on the stringer.

So maybe I shouldn't have responded, but Cletus (my name for those beer can burning, trash dumping, trout killing, excessive camo wearing knuckleheads that drive their ATVs through the salmon reds) chaps my A## and does his best to ruin one of our closest fisheries to home.

So if you fit in two or more of those categories....then yeah, you're probably Cletus.

Rant complete

OVER
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well Cody that's quite a rant. Looks and sounds like you ran into a few messes on your trip north. I float and hike all over that creek often and can say that kind of sight is occasionally seen. I've never seen it to the volume you describe. Tough to clean up the private property but I always carry trash bags and try to improve my home waters. Id add that I've picked up after people in a lot of places in this state both local and remote that I'm sure you also enjoy. Most of the time in my experience those that leave the kind of mess in your pictures are not local but from places more urban.

Lastly Willow creek is open to retention of rainbows June 15-April 14 above the highway. 1 per day under 16".