Thread: Your Foreflight Wish List

Default Your Foreflight Wish List

I’m meeting next week with a member of the Foreflight Team to talk about how they can better support “the coolest segment of aviation” (their words - okay I planted the seed).

Please give me a list of the features you wish Foreflight had to better serve the type of flying we do. Be specific.

Thanks
    Phil Whittemore
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space.

https://share.delorme.com/PhilWhittemore

1. It would be nice if they could add a new layer for Alaska charts that integrates the Alaska FAA WebCams.
    2. Spidertracks/SPOT/inreach integration. This seems much more challenging as the data is proprietary, but it would be nice to be able to review Cookie crumbs in fore flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish the flight plan option worked better. When I file through foreflight and then call the FSS there is information that didn't get communicated to FSS.
    Many other problems in that system. The FSS guys say don't use it.
    To me that was one of the time saving options about foreflight. But I guess not for now.

Quote Originally Posted by joe_g View Post
    1. It would be nice if they could add a new layer for Alaska charts that integrates the Alaska FAA WebCams.
    2. Spidertracks/SPOT/inreach integration. This seems much more challenging as the data is proprietary, but it would be nice to be able to review Cookie crumbs in fore flight.

Agree on both points, plus some other Alaska overlays like com freqs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsnack View Post
    I wish the flight plan option worked better. When I file through foreflight and then call the FSS there is information that didn't get communicated to FSS.
    Many other problems in that system. The FSS guys say don't use it.
    To me that was one of the time saving options about foreflight. But I guess not for now.
    I'll ask him about that. Do use use the ICAO flight plan format or the FAA format? (it's under Settings/File & Brief in Foreflight)
    Phil Whittemore

I'll ask him about that. Do use use the ICAO flight plan format or the FAA format? (it's under Settings/File & Brief in Foreflight)[/QUOTE]

I believe it was FAA. My previous plans say filed via Lockheed Martin. When I look in settings in just says same as previous with no indication what previous was.
    Also, the flight plans I file sometimes contain 5 or so different destinations before I get done for the day.
    I was under the impression that I input that under remarks since they are all gravel bars or ridges etc. not airports.
    If that is the case we need a large capacity in the remarks section for lots of info

Default Your Foreflight Wish List

Bluetooth airspeed sensor so we could have a wind vector like the high dollar MFD's.

Good discussion on Foreflight. Just flound this site.

Thanks joe_g, Bearsnack, and Aztoak2.

I meet with Foreflight in the morning so if there is a forum moderator after today this thread should be locked.
    Phil Whittemore

Asked Foreflight today how our requests were coming. Here is the response.

"Hey Phil,You hit the nail on the head with your discussion of timing with the group.
    As you know, ForeFlight prefers not to pre-announce enhancements, but I can tell you that your requests have been shared with the appropriate teams, all of whom are working on some big improvements to ForeFlight.
    Any thoughts on Logbook from the backcountry folks?"
    Phil Whittemore

Don't know if it's too late.

I've always wished to have s basic VFR version for a local area. Say Southcentral Alaska and not have to pay for all the extra stuff across the US. Access to a good moving map and the air speed and other simple VFR tools and planning without all the extra stuff. Of course this would need to be offered at a lower point. I'd like that, but until there is something like that I'll stick with my GPSmaps 196.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk