Thread: First Robin Hood

Default First Robin Hood

Okay I know this is worth less with out the pics.How even i had no time to even take a snap shot.After 27 years I nailed my first robin hood.As soon as i can i,ll get pics

Last winter/early spring we went to Birchwood for an outdoor archery shoot put on by Cook Inlet Archers. My wife robin hooded my arrow on a wolverine, needless to say I had a bullseye. I didn't quite see the humor in it like she did but I wasn't "allowed" to remove her arrow from mine. We didn't have the camera to get a picture but didn't expect anything like that to happen.

Thumbs up ouch

I know Robin's are supposed to be a right of passage, a badge of honor. So, I applaud you. But I cringe when I get anywhere near another arrow. Just call me cheap. I do everything I can to not do it. I shoot multiple spot targets, don't shoot with other people if possible, shoot last if necessary, even try to not shoot the 10 spot just to reduce the chance somebody else pegs me.
    I have only had 2, 1 self induced, and the other compliments of my brother in law at a 3-d tournament in MI. He cackled so long and loud I still can't figure out how he finished shooting the course.
    I am so bad I will go back after an outdoor shoot is over and spend a long time looking for arrows that hit dirt instead of target. Thank goodness it did not happen often.
    The folks at Fox Sports Den used to laugh at me because I hardly ever bought arrows, I just kept having them refletched. And for years I shot the fat/thin 2512 shaft. Man was I careful to not even dent them.
    So congrats anyway, and as long as you are not as cheap as I am, I hope you get a bunch more.

Default Only 1 until

Only had one until I bought Carbon Express Terminiator Hunter Selects. I have had five more now, all at about 9$ a pop. [mad]

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

LEX CONGRATS IT TOOK ME YEARS TO GET ONE HAVE 3 NOW, ONE WAS A FRIENDS ARROW I WAS TRYING FOR LAST WAS MAYBE ONLY 5 YARDS SO IT HARDLY COUNTS ( @ INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING CLASS AT BLACK WIDOW FACTORY) PRETTY RARE FOR ME TO GET THEM WITH RECURVE SO PLEASED AT ANY DISTANCE. SAW ARTICLE IN ARCHERY MAG. (NFAA) GUY GOT TWO IN 5 ARROWS AND IN 5 RING .
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default hey...

I just got my first one about 2 weeks ago...what are the chances...

Default RH

I just bought my first bow about a month ago and got my first Robin Hood last week. Probably be years before it happens again.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    I know Robin's are supposed to be a right of passage, a badge of honor. So, I applaud you. But I cringe when I get anywhere near another arrow. Just call me cheap. I do everything I can to not do it. I shoot multiple spot targets, don't shoot with other people if possible, shoot last if necessary, even try to not shoot the 10 spot just to reduce the chance somebody else pegs me.
    I have only had 2, 1 self induced, and the other compliments of my brother in law at a 3-d tournament in MI. He cackled so long and loud I still can't figure out how he finished shooting the course.
    I am so bad I will go back after an outdoor shoot is over and spend a long time looking for arrows that hit dirt instead of target. Thank goodness it did not happen often.
    The folks at Fox Sports Den used to laugh at me because I hardly ever bought arrows, I just kept having them refletched. And for years I shot the fat/thin 2512 shaft. Man was I careful to not even dent them.
    So congrats anyway, and as long as you are not as cheap as I am, I hope you get a bunch more.

LMAO i did every thing i could to try and hit one ,Then I just gave up.That old saying expect then unexpected is all to true.About my fourth round I herd this nasty crack .Walked over and oh yeah .Hole in the knock upper part of my carbon express cx edge 340,s torn off.Talking about the Good Lord blessing me .

The Lx is one bow that i will not give up.Hitting a hood with a Short Bh is imo some thing to remember .

They are all good and fun until you do it with an A/C/C had that happen the very first time I shot em. It says something for the arrow, but **** it gets expensive...

Smile Always cool....

But can get ****ed expensive these days! Neat though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Okay I know this is worth less with out the pics.How even i had no time to even take a snap shot.After 27 years I nailed my first robin hood.As soon as i can i,ll get pics
    Welcome to the club... It's a cool thing until you realize how much $$ you just lost on an arrow
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK