Thread: Huntable lands for YM 412 youth hunt KGB

Default Huntable lands for YM 412 youth hunt KGB

Does anyone know if you can hunt on university of alaska board of regents land or the dept of natural resources land down by the kgb airport? It falls in my daughters permit area so i am looking for alternative places if its too busy other places. It would also be nice to know what is up with the railroad they are building out pt mckenzie road. It looks like everything an that side of the road is unhuntable even though the borough maps say it borough land.

I have not hunted that land, but have hunted other UAF land in the valley for birds. You need to contact the manager of the farming stuff. I think they are still over by the Butte at that experimental farm. They have rules and stuff about times and vehicles and what not.

Sent you a PM.

Get a land status map then take your son/daughter out and contact landowners. I had my son type up a letter that explained that we wanted permission to hunt on their land. We included when we would be hunting and our vehicle information. In my experience there aren't too many landowners that will turn down a youth hunter that knocks on their door.

Thanks for the replies guys this is going to be her first time hunting so i would like for her to be successful maybe she will stick with it. Next step is fighting the gun range people getting her used to my rifle.

awwu- I cleared out my messages so you can resend your message.