Thread: Extreme Shallow Performance

Default Extreme Shallow Performance

I'm looking at a couple Extreme Shallows and I'm I want to know from those in the know which one is the best for exploring and over all performance/shallow water ability. I'm not overly concerned about utility. This is gonna be more of a toy than a tool. Is the 18' footer a better performer because of its smaller size? Or is the 20' better because of it wider bottom? General thoughts on performance and shallow water ability would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Branr1 View Post
    I'm looking at a couple Extreme Shallows and I'm I want to know from those in the know which one is the best for exploring and over all performance/shallow water ability. I'm not overly concerned about utility. This is gonna be more of a toy than a tool. Is the 18' footer a better performer because of its smaller size? Or is the 20' better because of it wider bottom? General thoughts on performance and shallow water ability would be appreciated.

I have the 2175. This is about 4 inches of water. My buddy has the 1875. We run them to the same fishin' holes no problem.

https://youtu.be/uwgKFNlDzGo

The only reason I would buy the smaller 1875 is top speed is probably greater (mine does 35mph) and it is about 400 lbs lighter and will be easier to push off sandbars. We have been stuck a few times and it's a heavy boat to move. I think the 1875 may have been redesigned and have a slightly different windshield now as well.

M.

I don't think you will notice the extra 2' in small rivers. The wider bottom is well worth it, and it will handle more weight.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

I don't think you can ever beat a wide bottom. Worth every penny in my book.

I have a 2007 1875 xs 6"water on step no problem 4" water there is some pucker factor involved. As for performance handles wells turns rather then slides around corners decent hole shot

Don't buy one with the Yamaha J-max engine. Underpowered, small impeller. I had a 2004 2175, great boat. Would do 50mph brand new. My dad has a 1875 with the Yamaha engine. Crappy Hole shot, impeller is small diameter and one piece of gravel will damage it.

The Yamaha is quieter than my sport jet was, but I've heard they quieted down the sport jet since 2004.

I sold mine at 400 hours, never had a problem with it.

1875 with the sport jet would be a fun boat.

What ever you do don't get one with a yamaha motor, they come with jet ski pumps and are a complete joke. Had one, did a re power the next year.

I won't be getting one with the Yamaha but it is a bummer it sucks because I love my Yamaha 4 stroke sleds.

Love my yamaha 4 stroke sleds also, they had a good idea and I think they could have hit it out of the park with a little more power and a pump that wasnt designed for lakes. It really had no advantage, they sucked just as much fuel as a 350 in the same boat, because it was running so hard all the time, and they were super loud. I wish someone would make one that was 250 hp 4 stroke jet ski engine with a really quality jet unit and I think it would be awesome.

I have the jmax motor in my boat. I put about 15 hours on the boat since I bought the boat I dont think the boat is under power just my opinion. So far I am happy with the boat performance, but not real happy about the foam that I found under the floor boards of my 2007 1875xs. See my post water logged foam.

Just don't use it as advertised and it should work ok with a light load, talk to Glen at scat track in California and get your impellers built up thick and up to 160mm and have him bore your sleeve out to 160mm. Find a jet ski steering nozzle off of eBay and throw that on there also and it will be a huuugge improvment.