Thread: Caribou meat hunt

Default Caribou meat hunt

Hello, all. I recently moved from Juneau to Anchorage and I am looking to try and do an August caribou hunt that I can do on foot. I missed out on the unit 13 hunt, which would have been ideal. I am looking at the macomb plateau register hunt, but I am wondering if there is anything I am missing with a shorter drive as I don't have tons of time. Not looking for specific details per se, just want to know if there is something else that will afford me more hunting time vs driving time... Thanks in advance and I'm happy to share info on SE AK hunting if that's of value to anyone.

Unfortunately, no - you're not missing any opportunities that are closer to home with either harvest ticket or registration permit opportunities. Those closer are all restricted to drawing permits.

Roger that, Brian. Thanks for the reply. Given my time restraints I might head up and just scout unit 13 to possibly hunt it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by POWFISHBUM View Post
    Roger that, Brian. Thanks for the reply. Given my time restraints I might head up and just scout unit 13 to possibly hunt it next year.
    Take a rifle with you and help thin the bear population...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Unfortunately, no - you're not missing any opportunities that are closer to home with either harvest ticket or registration permit opportunities. Those closer are all restricted to drawing permits.

And Subsistence Permits.............