Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple nice Bulls

Default Couple nice Bulls

Been seeing these for the last couple days, any guess if they are legal, out of unit 13
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cant really tell width on both of them but to me the front one looks legal by having 4 brow tines on at least one side maybe both...can't tell on the back on though....let me know.where they at and around september first I will let you kknow lol

Been seeing them around mile 18 they have been feeding in some of the ponds that is as close as I am going to get

To think they still are growing, they could be legal by September. I could use a roast if I'm right.

Yes I was wondering about the horns as they still looked like they would mature some more, but maybe I was just hoping LOL

Don't know but that's a cool picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome pic! They both look like they have some cool light stripes in their velvet

they're both close enough that i'd be getting a frontal view before making the call yay or nay.

There will be guys out there with any bull subsistence tags starting Monday...

Bad view but if thats all I had I would say no way on 50". Close, but not 50". Can't tell on the brows..

Is this the best pic you have? By the angle both of those look like bull moose, but not 'nice' bull moose.
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Good lookin fellas.

Hard to say on legal, the photo angle isn't very useful. At least the front one might be close on brow tine count. Would wait for a good head-on look.

Nice looking critters for sure, I would say borderline 50 from the pics but appears to be a lot of brow tines to check further...
    I watched a hunting video today and 2 hunters took real nice bulls in Newfoundland that came in to calling. Both were facing pretty similar to the bottom front moose in this pic the OP posted, but more level. Now both hunters dropped them in their tracks with one shot, and judging by the fur reaction to the shots they shot more into the neck area where it meets the shoulder. I would have shot lower into the chest. So for some of you chaps that have shot quartering forward what say you on shot placement choices? These bulls were shot with 308's, 150 grain bullets so not big thumpers by any stretch...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Nice looking bulls and with three more weeks until the general season opens for moose in Unit 13, I would be really checking these two out real close! I would like to see different/better angle pictures.

Are you kidding me? Neither bull is legal at that angle. In other words, from that view, both bulls are NOT LEGAL.

That would be the question a respected brown-shirt would ask -- "Did you think they were legal from the angle you viewed them?" -- when he approaches you and then begins to investigate your kill-site.

I highly doubt either bull exceeds 50 inches in antler width, regardless of "bell" length.

And, I certainly DO NOT see four (4) legally defined as measurable brow tines on any side of the brow palms.

For me as a guide, I would PASS, PASS, PASS.

At a good angle they wouldn't look 50 to me I don't think. Need to count brow tines and see. They don't look very big in the body either.

Dang nice picture and healthy moose though.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    Been seeing them around mile 18 they have been feeding in some of the ponds that is as close as I am going to get
    The night before the opener of moose season in about two miles of where you saw those two, we had a huge bull step out in the middle of the road and he acted as he owned it. I would say it was an easy 60" spread. Good luck.

worth a second look once that velvets either gone or they are fully developed.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Let's say you have established that both bulls are legal. And let's say one is not standing behind the other (giving you a clear field of fire on each one). Finally, let's say your shooting distance is 100 yards. Here are some unconventional shots you could take. I am curious what folks think of these placements, and why. And of course you could shoot the rearmost bull in the heart / lung area, which is not marked here.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Let's say you have established that both bulls are legal. And let's say one is not standing behind the other (giving you a clear field of fire on each one). Finally, let's say your shooting distance is 100 yards. Here are some unconventional shots you could take. I am curious what folks think of these placements, and why. And of course you could shoot the rearmost bull in the heart / lung area, which is not marked here.

-Mike
    Personally, the only shot I wouldn't take would be #3, and maybe just a little lower on #2.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast