Thread: Engine Overhaul?

Default Engine Overhaul?

Any comments on who in state to get to do an overhaul on a C-145/O300.
    Tim

I had B & J in Palmer do my C-145 a number of years ago and they did a good job for a fair price.
    Louis Knapp

I know several around here who've had Aerosport Power do them. (kamloops BC) Not local but great product and same cost to consumer. I am running one now. Would do it again.

Custom Aircraft (used to be BJ's)- seem to be A1 in my experience. I'm taking one to them this fall. Also he got my TCM reman for me and processed the deal pretty quick. I'd recommend em.
    Mad Mikes- An acquaintance has had several done with Mike and claims he's the best.
    Alsworths- great rep tho no personal experience

I don't think there's a "cheap" option in any of those. There are other cheaper smaller guys if you sniff around much.
    I'm not a fan of "cheap" when we are talking FWF though.
    Good luck.

I've had friends that had first run engines overhauled in ANC by Warner Rhymer and were happy, especially with the price. One was a 135 operator and he'd buy a reman, have Warner do an overhaul at the 1700 time-out, then get another reman. I haven't heard Warner's name come up in a few years so I don't know if he's still active or not but ask around and somebody'll know.

Mad Mike Patterson really is the best, but he knows it and you do it his way or you don't do it at all. I had one done by him about ten years ago and it's still an awesome engine.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Mauler View Post
    Mad Mike Patterson really is the best, but he knows it and you do it his way or you don't do it at all. I had one done by him about ten years ago and it's still an awesome engine.
    Mike was up here last week and said he is retiring. Has about 6 engines left and he is done.
    Tim