Thread: Campbell Creek Silvers

Default Campbell Creek Silvers

Took my 3 year old this morning. She caught her first silver on a vibrax (i had to cast for her). Caught 2 myself, they're in there, just have to fish early.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad your 3 year old could reel one in. Always a blast watching a kid's facial expression while they fight a fish. I love getting my 6 year old twin boys on fish. Being there early is a great idea to catch a silver as well as avoiding some fraustration.....

I live walking distance from Campbell creek. My family and I walk there all the time and I think its so cool to have this creek go through this city and contain salmon. I was there last week to try my luck at a few silvers since its so close to home and can say I probably won't ever go back. The amount of disrespectful people, innebriates (who actually picked up a stick and waved it threateningly at my wife and kids) is mind boggling. Not to mention the amount of trash left behind. There was trash EVERYWHERE. Apparently its easier to bring in full bottles of rockstar, gatorade, and beer but just too much to pack out empty. Also, don't vear off the path as the bushes is littered with human feces too. My wife playing with the kids learned that the hard way. The place is becoming a massive DUMP.

If you decide to go, eraly morning is best to catch a fish. Later in the day bring a few garbage bags and maybe a stick or two to fend off the drunks. I can't belive it......

Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    Glad your 3 year old could reel one in. Always a blast watching a kid's facial expression while they fight a fish. I love getting my 6 year old twin boys on fish. Being there early is a great idea to catch a silver as well as avoiding some fraustration.....

I live walking distance from Campbell creek. My family and I walk there all the time and I think its so cool to have this creek go through this city and contain salmon. I was there last week to try my luck at a few silvers since its so close to home and can say I probably won't ever go back. The amount of disrespectful people, innebriates (who actually picked up a stick and waved it threateningly at my wife and kids) is mind boggling. Not to mention the amount of trash left behind. There was trash EVERYWHERE. Apparently its easier to bring in full bottles of rockstar, gatorade, and beer but just too much to pack out empty. Also, don't vear off the path as the bushes is littered with human feces too. My wife playing with the kids learned that the hard way. The place is becoming a massive DUMP.

If you decide to go, eraly morning is best to catch a fish. Later in the day bring a few garbage bags and maybe a stick or two to fend off the drunks. I can't belive it......
    I grew up fishing for silvers on Campbell creek and continue to do so and I agree. Nothing like fishing in a little quiet spot and seeing mini liquor bottles floating by...In my experience, the worst part of the creek is near road crossing like Arctic and Old Seward. But get away from them a little bit and you can find little patches of paradise and forget you're in the city.

The major advantage and reason I continue to go back despite the bums and trash is that on a good morning I can be on the water early, catch a few fish, and be back in time for breakfast with the family. Nothing like filleting a fish while the wife is cooking bacon and eggs!