Thread: talkeetna

Default talkeetna

So, I am wanting to fly into talkeetna with my girlfriend. how far is the lodge to go zip lining? or the road house? this is for our anniversary so im trying to do something fun and different.

The river strip (the smaller strip), if still in use, will put you right into the middle of things as far as food, lodging, and a wealth of history. It's the dropoff point for Mt. Denali climbers as well . . .

PATK is an easy walk to town. Susitna River Lodge is close by lodging. Transient parking. The princess lodge would be too far, but tons of tourist offices right in beautiful downtown Talkeetna and they'd probably help out with transportation, if it was needed. The FSS will also give you a map of reporting points for Denali if you haven't flown around there so you can do some cool flight seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only a 1/2 mile into town from the main airport. Sure there are transportation options for ziplining.

It's my home town. It's an easy less than 1/2 mile walk from the state airport to "down town" Talkeetna. You will walk right by the zipline office on the way to the Roadhouse. The Roadhouse is great for breakfast. I like Mountain High Pizza and Twister Creek for lunch or dinner. Denali Zipline operates a shuttle to get to their location, so no more walking than getting to their office. I would not suggest going to the "village" strip unless you are an experienced pilot. All of the info about Talkeetna is available online.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem