Thread: Instant Karma and a great weekend

Default Instant Karma and a great weekend

Went out this weekend on a federal subsistence hunt towards swede lake trail off the Denali. About 15 miles back I ran into an ATV that had a tire that was off the bead. No one around. When I headed back towards the parking lot I ran into the guys who owned it and they were attempting to put it back on with a can of fix a flat. I knew it wasnt gonna work but I stopped and lent a hand anyway. After about an hour of screwing with I told the guys it wasnt gonna happen but because I lived in delta, which is only about 90 miles or so I would take it home fix it and bring it back. I got it out there the next morning and gave em their tire. They headed down the trail. About an hour later I came across them putting the tire back on and stopped to check on em one more time. Turns out their other front was starting to slide off the bead as well. Lucky for them I packed my compressor this time after seeing their troubles and was able to put some pressure in it and get it to pop back on.

We continued on and my buddy bagged a nice little cow caribou just at the tail end of the subsistence zone. We only saw 2 all day and she happened to get into range and not run off. 30 to 45 minutes of cutting and bagging between the 2 of us and we were loaded up. Head down to the lake for a quick drink and hand wash and we hit the trail.

The whole way back my machine had problems. Im guessing it was overheating. Took us about 3x as long to make it as it should have. This was at the time a major inconvenience. Get back to the parking lot to discover a flat trailer tire. We decide to plug it and save the spare (for now) since it was a small hole and we didnt have to jack the trailer. We hit the road about 30 minutes later and made it almost the the whole 20 miles from the TLAD to the Richardson when bang-- the tire goes. We stop to put the spare on only to discover it is bad!

Now to those of you who believe in karma (I do) this is where it all came back. No sooner do we discover our bad spare a guy stops in to check on us. Told him the deal. He lets us borrow his 2 brand new spare trailer tires to drive back to delta on, follows us home so we can take em off and return them.

This type of thing seems to only happen here in Alaska. Im glad that even though a there are some bad people out there who have no regard for others that there are still a core of great people that live here. A lot of people I know from the lower 48 said this would never happen down there. I just keep getting reasons to brag about the great state I live in.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

What goes around always comes around, good and bad. It's nice when it comes around right when you need it.

Thanks for the help on that trail. We really appreciated it. Glad to hear your party got one that day. Instant Karma indeed. And you get your fishing rod back too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool story!

Default The guy

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Went out this weekend on a federal subsistence hunt towards swede lake trail off the Denali. About 15 miles back I ran into an ATV that had a tire that was off the bead. No one around. When I headed back towards the parking lot I ran into the guys who owned it and they were attempting to put it back on with a can of fix a flat. I knew it wasnt gonna work but I stopped and lent a hand anyway. After about an hour of screwing with I told the guys it wasnt gonna happen but because I lived in delta, which is only about 90 miles or so I would take it home fix it and bring it back. I got it out there the next morning and gave em their tire. They headed down the trail. About an hour later I came across them putting the tire back on and stopped to check on em one more time. Turns out their other front was starting to slide off the bead as well. Lucky for them I packed my compressor this time after seeing their troubles and was able to put some pressure in it and get it to pop back on.

We continued on and my buddy bagged a nice little cow caribou just at the tail end of the subsistence zone. We only saw 2 all day and she happened to get into range and not run off. 30 to 45 minutes of cutting and bagging between the 2 of us and we were loaded up. Head down to the lake for a quick drink and hand wash and we hit the trail.

The whole way back my machine had problems. Im guessing it was overheating. Took us about 3x as long to make it as it should have. This was at the time a major inconvenience. Get back to the parking lot to discover a flat trailer tire. We decide to plug it and save the spare (for now) since it was a small hole and we didnt have to jack the trailer. We hit the road about 30 minutes later and made it almost the the whole 20 miles from the TLAD to the Richardson when bang-- the tire goes. We stop to put the spare on only to discover it is bad!

Now to those of you who believe in karma (I do) this is where it all came back. No sooner do we discover our bad spare a guy stops in to check on us. Told him the deal. He lets us borrow his 2 brand new spare trailer tires to drive back to delta on, follows us home so we can take em off and return them.

This type of thing seems to only happen here in Alaska. Im glad that even though a there are some bad people out there who have no regard for others that there are still a core of great people that live here. A lot of people I know from the lower 48 said this would never happen down there. I just keep getting reasons to brag about the great state I live in.

Batmobile,

I'm the goon with the two lousy tires on the Honda. You really bailed us out....twice! I agree with your sentiments here 100%. Congrats on the successful hunt. Give me a call if I can ever return the favor.

Awesome of you guys to chime in! You never know when your gonna need a little help. Im glad I was able to help you guys out and another great Alaskan stopped by and got me right back. Who would have ever thought it would happen that quick.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTodd View Post
    Thanks for the help on that trail. We really appreciated it. Glad to hear your party got one that day. Instant Karma indeed. And you get your fishing rod back too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I almost forgot about that. My son was never the wiser. I wouldn't have lived down loosing his batman rod.