Thread: Trail Advice

Default Trail Advice

Picking up new Argo on tracks next week, and I'm looking for overnight trail ideas.

I'm very familiar with the Caribou Hills on the KP, as they are my home stomping grounds. However, for the foreseeable future, I'm in Palmer. I've got lots of experience on wheelers and sxs's but the Argo is a new one for me.

Since I'll be taking out the better half, and a puppy, what I'm looking for is an area or trail where I can use the Argo to its advantage, and avoid the technical trails more suited to wheelers. I want to avoid very steep, tight quarters, and high moving water. I'd like to find somewhere well, like the Caribou Hills . Open, no big water, and somewhere we can get beyond the normal trail riders. Obviously, swamps and mud aren't an issue.

Any advice? Thanks
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What about the Petersville area? Others might chime in with some other, better ideas. Have fun on the new machine and be safe!

I don't thing there is any trail that is longer than a few miles that would meet your requirement.
    The only suggestion I have is when you get into a bad spot have your wife get out of the Argo and get in front you so you will know where she is so you don't run over her. That what I do when the trail get bad.

Check out the trails around eureka.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    Check out the trails around eureka.
    I'm interested. Rode there years ago on sleds, but never in the summer. Suggestions on trail heads? PM appreciated.

Thanks everyone on the advise. I realize I'm asking a lot.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ