Thread: Who's ready to head to the mountains!!!

Default Who's ready to head to the mountains!!!

I know I am!
    I don't get to hunt sheep this year, but I did draw a goat tag! Hopefully I can locate a nice one and punch that tag! I'd rather wait until the end of September to hunt, but I don't have the time this year to do that!

I can't believe it's going to happen, finely I'm going on a goat hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please be advised................there really is NO reason to avoid the mountains year around. One is NOT required to be in possession of a hunt permit to enjoy the "BLISS" experienced in the majestic mountains of Alaska. And I wish you a safe and successful hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Please be advised................there really is NO reason to avoid the mountains year around. One is NOT required to be in possession of a hunt permit to enjoy the "BLISS" experienced in the majestic mountains of Alaska. And I wish you a safe and successful hunt.
    That's a true statement there!

Quote Originally Posted by fishcatcher541 View Post
    I know I am!
    I don't get to hunt sheep this year, but I did draw a goat tag! Hopefully I can locate a nice one and punch that tag! I'd rather wait until the end of September to hunt, but I don't have the time this year to do that!
    I can't believe it's going to happen, finely I'm going on a goat hunt
    What goat tag did u draw?
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Will be a slow start to the season for me, with only a two day trip at most to begin. Hoping to hit the woods and mountains at least every other weekend thereafter. No firm plans, but lots of ideas. Due to work schedule, the next two years are the ones I'm really looking forward to.

Does Twin Peak restaurant count

Heading in to hunt the DS203 on the 9th! Been up every night since Last week. Bag is packed, legs and lungs are ready... I love this time of year, and am super pumped to hunt a new area.

Heading out for DC608 Kenai Caribou Saturday morning. Not sure if I am more excited or nervous, either way it will be an amazing trip I'm sure.

Just a few last minute things to prepare for our sheep hunt. Need a little more white gas for the coleman stove, a new lightweight frying pan (can't find my old one), and a bottle of scotch to help celebrate if we're successful. Took a little while, but I was finally able to get my pack weight down to 92 lbs. Sum***** has a little heft to it!

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    Just a few last minute things to prepare for our sheep hunt. Need a little more white gas for the coleman stove, a new lightweight frying pan (can't find my old one), and a bottle of scotch to help celebrate if we're successful. Took a little while, but I was finally able to get my pack weight down to 92 lbs. Sum***** has a little heft to it!
    Good Lord!! 92lbs?!? I hope you don't have far to hike with that pack!!
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    Good Lord!! 92lbs?!? I hope you don't have far to hike with that pack!!
    Well, we're hoping to find sheep within 1/2 a mile from the landing strip, but if we have to hike 20 miles one way, we're prepared!

flying out for sheep Aug 07-17. Caribou the weekend of 21-22. Kodiak Goat Sept 04-12. and moose Sept 18-25. Im so glad its that time of year again!!!!! and glad my wife embraces the weekend widow status
    its better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

We are heading out Saturday for unit 13 sheep. Can't wait but this hot weather isn't helping!

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    Does Twin Peak restaurant count
    Heard they've got good milkshakes . . .

I am ready or will be! I'm out of state on family business, but I'm coming back on the 10th.

Unfortunately there's some uncertainty with my job. With this uncertainty I told my hunting partners that I was calling off my Kodiak bear hunt in October.
    About five hours later they teamed up on me with the help of my wife and overruled me. They said no matter what happens that they have my back and we are going bear hunting!

Gotta love having the support of your friends and family