Thread: Atv Trailers

Talking Atv Trailers

Wondering what type of trailers everyone uses to haul thier atvs, side by sides , and argos ? Do you guys prefer enclosed or flatbed ?

otter tub w/cover.
    Bk

I prefer an enclosed, however that doesn't fit the budget. A flatbed does fine for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.

Enclosed. Love mine. But time to bite the bullet and buy a taller one. My wheeler has grown too much in height.

Another for enclosed. Keeps the mud off.

If I could do it over again I'd get one with a walking beam suspension. The single axle bounces a bit when loaded light.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Enclosed pack rat user here. Found s good used one and saved a lot of $$. Some of the alum ones out there are pretty trick as well
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Lol I don't think everyone here is on the same sheet of music
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Akheloce View Post
    Lol I don't think everyone here is on the same sheet of music

Gotcha! Now that I actually paid attention to the op's question.......enclosed.
    Bk

While there is plenty of reasons for an enclosed trailer, I find my flat bed trailer more to MY liking! I have several different options for loading on my flat bed trailer then I think that one would have for an enclosed one. I can put our Prowler on in the front of our trailer and then but one of our ATV's across the back of the trailer. I am not sure that would be possible with an enclosed trailer. I do need to really pay attention to how I ties 'stuff' down, but that is just the way it goes. The daughter and her family have a 26' enclosed trailer that they use for their snow machines. That is one place that an enclosed trailer really shines!

Enclosed are nice, but as mentioned above, the flatbed is much more budget friendly. I just picked up a great lightly used 16' flatbed for about 8k less than a comparable enclosed trailer. In my thinking, that's a lot of avgas, another snowmachine, a couple remote chartered fly-outs, etc. I can deal with a bit of mud or snow.

It's certainly overkill, but I use a retired U-Haul car hauler. The sides come up 18" or so, and it's very stout.

It's a 7000 lb trailer that only gets 2000 max loaded on it, but it lasts on AK roads. My brother got a nice new aluminum 4 place snowmachine trailer that gets welded on every year.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I currently have an 18ft car hauler, 12 foot drive on drive off, a sled deck, and a 27ft enclosed. I wish the car hauler had another 4 ft on it to accommodate another machine but it works. It is much quicker to grab and a little more gas friendly than the enclosed. I usually use it for quick little trips. The enclosed is perfect for those longer trips and acts as a sleeping quarters as well. It's so nice to pull the machines out and not have to set up a tent. The trailer also acts as a mobile garage for those machine repairs we always do. My favorites in order:
    1. Sled deck
    2. Enclosed
    3. Car hauler
    4. Drive on drive off

I have 20' enclosed car trailer that has a beavertail ramp and higher ceiling for my UTV. Easily put in 2 UTVs or UTV and ATV or 4 ATVs. It is also used as a sleeping trailer. Love the security of it since I store at a public storage lot, and keeps them out of the weather. On the Denali Hwy hunt, my tenting friends used it for the porta potty and to dry out gear. Disadvantage is the weight issue but I think it is a worthy trade off most of the time. The gear storage and not worrying about tying everything down is the best part.

What size is yours currently?

I use a 12' Aluma with V front. It holds 2 Grizzly's with larger than stock tires (or my 2 skinny Tundra's), is light, sturdy and tracks well. I love the idea of an enclosed one for using with foul weather and to use as a camper, but I want to use the trailer for hauling building materials up to my larger property from a staging area with an ATV and the weight makes a big difference. I also like that I can move it around in the yard easily by hand.

I have used the enclosed, car hauler and snowmachine trailer for my rhino SxS, can am 800 2 seater and a dual axle meat wagon. As stated above the enclosed works beautifully for long trips and being to store extra gear in along w camping out of. The car hauler works great when your buddy is pulling the RV trailer. You can configure your load multiple way and not have restrictions on loading from the side. The snowmachine trailer works good for those scouting day trips but not if your packing out machines and loaded meat wagons. The snowmachine trailer sits to high for the meat wagon. I sold the enclosed because my SxS barely fit and I plan on selling the rhino and getting a ranger 6x6. Going to get a enclosed that will fit 6x6 and the can-am. Then pick up a car hauler that will do the same and have room for the meat wagon.

I have a Big Bubba with fold down ramp. Works amazing. 6 x 10 open trailer. I only use it for my side by side though and pack everything else in my truck bed or back seat.