Thread: Crows Pass - Need Help

Smile Crows Pass - Need Help

I'll be flying into Anchorage in a couple weeks with my father and brother. It's a trip i'm taking them on so they don't know anything about it yet. I just told them to take vacation they did.

I've decided on Crows Pass...most likely at 3 night 4 day hike. Just so that we can take our time and enjoy the view. If we finish it early we might need another place to go.

How can I get from the airport to the beginning of the trail...and then when we do I get back to the airport? Also, is there any other trails close by that we can explore if we finish early?

Thanks guys!

Default Ride from Trailhead

The Eagle River Nature Center trailhead has a payphone from which you could call a cab or the Eagle River Airport Shuttle 907-694-8888 ($35 from Eagle River to the airport for 3 people). From the Crow Pass trailhead there's no phone and it's probably 8 miles or so of dirt road to the actual town of Girdwood; however, there's a good chance you can hitch a ride to Girdwood this time of year.

Check with Alaska Shuttle and Girdwood Shuttle for options. Both offer service to/from Crow Pass Trailhead, and the former has service in the Eagle River Bowl as well.