Thread: Maclaren River off Denali Hwy

Default Maclaren River off Denali Hwy

Anyone ever go down this in an airboat? Can't decide if it would be better to go down or put in at the sue go down the the mouth of the Maclaren then go up. I have been told there is a rock garden 12 miles down from the Hwy so I'm thinking about coming up from the mouth. Any thoughts or input would be awesome.
    "Bearly Wounded" 18' Alaska Airboat, LS3 counter rotator. And a bit of a light problem.

you can call the maclaren lodge, they run it in jet boats and have lots of info, i've only been upstream from tere,not down, but i know lots hunt caribou down river with no problem,
    Wasilla

Have only see down river from Denali hwy and it's not to shallow but there's a lot of rocks. This year it will probably be really low with not much snow to melt... In an airboat you should be fine though. Haven't heard anything about going up stream though. Goodluck!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

By this time of year the melting glacier is what feeds the river no matter what the snow was like last winter. In that river your going to hit rocks just the same in an airboat as a jet. Pm me if you want info on killing things down there

Pm sent thanks
    "Bearly Wounded" 18' Alaska Airboat, LS3 counter rotator. And a bit of a light problem.