Thread: Glock G40 Finally Being Shipped

Default Glock G40 Finally Being Shipped

For those who are interested, I received an email from FedEx this morning telling me my shipment from Smyrna Georgia (G40) will arrive on Monday, August 3rd.

I ordered mine directly from Glock under the Blue Label program back in February. If my G40 is being shipped, there must be more on the way. Just wanted folks to know as information about these shipping has been scarce.

#2 son got his and I've shot it some. Nice gun but I'm still not in love with the Gen 4. It hits 12" steel at 50 yds pretty easily so it should work fine as a close in hunting/protection gun.

Good luck with yours Sep!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Well, I will wait till next year now.

I wonder if there was a problem that needed to be resolved with the G-40.

Thanks for the information.

I am also disappointed that they dropped "Commercial Pilots" from the Blue Label program.

Lowrider,

Glad to hear it's shootin good. Mine will be for limited hunting and a general pack around gun for fishing, camping etc. I must admit, I am still lusting after a nice 6 inch 10mm 1911. I handled a couple Sig P220s in 10mm but they have 5 inch barrels. Nice pistols though.

Picked mine up this past weekend. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Heading out to my property tonight so I will break it in when I get there :-)

Mine has run well so far. I installed several aftermarket parts I previously used in my G20. Specifically, a 6 inch KKM barrel, Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger, Dawson Precision adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front sight. So far, it has digested factory 180s and I have been handloading and testing 200 grain WFNGC hard cast bullets from both Beartooth and Double Tap using Blue Dot and Longshot. I'm looking forward to huntin blacktails with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It has been interesting to follow these post on the G40. When they were first announced, I thought that I would really like to add one to my 10mm's. Hope to be able to afford one when the chance arrives. How has the recoil been compared to a G20, not that the recoils bothers me, and how is the weight?

Recoil is about the same as my 20 with 6" KKM but then I did a grip reduction on the 20 and it just feels better to me.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Anyone making holsters for this gun yet?

I'm using an Alaskan Sportsman black nylon chest holster I bought years ago for my 7 1/2 inch Super Redhawk 44 and a Bianchi model 7 shadow II leather hip holster I bought for my G20. My G40 fits em both.

is your barrel for gen4 g20 or gen3? did the barrels change? I heard they did from gen3 to gen4 but I know on the .22lr kits the 22lr barrels are the same even tho lowers are different gens.

My barrel is for a Gen 4 G20 but it works just fine in my G40. KKM is supposedly testing one now.

I shoot a gen3 g20 w 6" ss Kkm barrel and 6" lwd long slide. Looking at the g40 and keeping same bbl would b cool if doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dropped my Kkm into a g40 I brought home. Sold my gen3 w gen4 g40 barrel. Only shot two rounds few weeks ago. Love the g40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only shot about 150 rounds in my G40, but it does shoot nice! Will play with it more during the winter and maybe use it for black bear this spring.