Thread: Inside the haul road 5 mile corridor Non Resident Caribou Limit 2015

Default Inside the haul road 5 mile corridor Non Resident Caribou Limit 2015

Hey guys,

New member here. Does anyone know if a non resident can archery hunt both cows and bulls inside the 5 mile corridor this year? I heard the regulations have changed and its only one bull for non residents. We are coming up for a trip August 11th thru 21st. And If we go outside the 5 mile zone do the bag limits change? Thanks in advance for any replys.

Quote Originally Posted by claydupont View Post
    Hey guys,

New member here. Does anyone know if a non resident can archery hunt both cows and bulls inside the 5 mile corridor this year? I heard the regulations have changed and its only one bull for non residents. We are coming up for a trip August 11th thru 21st. And If we go outside the 5 mile zone do the bag limits change? Thanks in advance for any replys.
    Look through the current regs here: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ations.hunting From my quick review, it looks like it is different depending on the specific area you intend to hunt. If you know where you are going, find that area on the regs and see what they say.

Bag limits do not change whether you are inside or outside of the 5-mile corridor, just the means of hunting allowed. Bag limits may vary depending on unit/subunit you are in. It's all in the regs linked to above. The units you are most likely concerned with are 20, 24, and 26 if you are following the Dalton Highway.