Thread: Waders for sheep hunts

Default Waders for sheep hunts

Taking my youngest daughter on a sheep hunt this year and need to figure out some options for waders for her. I use Koflach boots and glacier socks but she will be wearing her Lowa boots. What are some options out there for her? Can't justify the glacier socks at this point for her yet unless I have to..

neos overboots, they make some called river trekkers or something like that. barney's in anchorage carriers them. they are hip high and have a big nasty tread on the bottom so you can actually walk in them if need be. I have a pair and they are perfect for short crossings or swampy walking. the sole is big too so it helps to keep you from sinking in the soft stuff.

Rain pants tied tightly around the top of the boots with parachute cord works well

Wiggy's lightweight waders held in place by gaitors for crossings only. I have tried all the above and this has been about the best other than my plastics with glacier socks. They are fragile and will get cut by sharp stuff if you do not hold them in place in swift water.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thanks guys. Stid, yep that is the research I have found. Heading over to Marks after work..

What waders would you guys recommend for a moose hunt? I will be in the Brooks Range if that helps give you guys some better understanding of the landscape i will be in.

I used cabelas dry plus packable waders on my moose hunt. It saved my hunt after my supposed waterproof pants got drenched and ripped on day 1. They pack down well and took all the brush busting I could throw at them. I high recommend them
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?