Thread: Kokopelli Packraft, any reviews or info?

Default Kokopelli Packraft, any reviews or info?

I'm looking at getting a Kokopelli Packraft to do some scouting and float hunting with. I have a PR-49 but would like something lighter and smaller for the long hikes in. Does anybody have any experience with the Kokopelli products?

I have seen one, never demo the boat though. I can say, they are a bit wider than Alpacka, will be fairly stable, the tubes are ridged, which is nice, I think they are probably great for what you plan to do with the boat. Cheaper too.

I have one. After a year of whitewater and flatwater use, it is still holding strong. It is wider and longer in the cockpit than the comparable Alpacka raft. As a result, the renegade is not as great for whitewater as the standard Alpacka, but still decent and a great value, especially for your use.

For your use, I'd contact them about customizing a boat- maybe the renegade with TiZip storage (could ask for a second Zip for the rear chamber), some extra tie downs, and skip the spray skirt unless you want it as a whitewater boat too.