Thread: Scored a nice Ruger

Default Scored a nice Ruger

Picked up at the Sterling Gun Show. Stainless Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt with a 4 5/8" barrel. Looks like new. I have a .44 I picked up years ago that is set up the same, but says Super Blackhawk on the frame although it has a fluted cylinder and the Blackhawk sized grip frame. That's the set up on this .45, but it says Blackhawk. No (Super) on this one. Don't know why both guns are of the same configuration, but carry different model names.
    I recently loaded up some stout .45 Colt loads for my Redhawk in .45 Colt. I plan to shoot a few of these through the Blackhawk in the next few days. Fun times ahead. Nice carry gun for bear protection.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

The Super Blackhawk designation came about in the early 1960s, at the time the Blackhawk was on the smaller frame, and so the bigger 44 Magnum was given the Super Blackhawk designation.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBman View Post
    The Super Blackhawk designation came about in the early 1960s, at the time the Blackhawk was on the smaller frame, and so the bigger 44 Magnum was given the Super Blackhawk designation.

The frame is the same on the Blackhawk and SBH. The difference is the grip frame and non fluted cylinder on the SBH.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.