Thread: Maud road range

Default Maud road range

I was out yesterday goofing off and stopped to talk with the DNR person at the Maud road range. I found out that the range will not open until about the 22nd of August. They have had a 'shipping delay' of the sound barrier material for the covered areas. The 100 yard range has the cover in place and they were working on the covered area for the pistol range. The drive way to the range will be paved and they should be some 'ports potties' out there as well. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when it is opened again. I just hope that it can be kept clean and intact!!!!!!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    I was out yesterday goofing off and stopped to talk with the DNR person at the Maud road range. I found out that the range will not open until about the 22nd of August. They have had a 'shipping delay' of the sound barrier material for the covered areas. The 100 yard range has the cover in place and they were working on the covered area for the pistol range. The drive way to the range will be paved and they should be some 'ports potties' out there as well. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when it is opened again. I just hope that it can be kept clean and intact!!!!!!
    Yeah, me too.

How was the road goin in?

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Being that I live close by, I ride either an ATV or UTV, so the road is no problem. However the contractor has graded the road a couple time and it is not too bad. Very dusty but.......

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Yeah, me too.

How was the road goin in?

SOTN

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    Being that I live close by, I ride either an ATV or UTV, so the road is no problem. However the contractor has graded the road a couple time and it is not too bad. Very dusty but.......
    Thanks
    SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Lets see the overhead will be burned down in a matter of days/ or the roof shot full of holes... The porta potties will be shot full of no 8, 7 1/2 and no 6 birdshot and various 9mm, 40smith and 45 auto bullets... Am I missing anything else?? Oh sound barriers will be tested with assortment of tannerite and other oddities...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Lets see the overhead will be burned down in a matter of days/ or the roof shot full of holes... The porta potties will be shot full of no 8, 7 1/2 and no 6 birdshot and various 9mm, 40smith and 45 auto bullets... Am I missing anything else?? Oh sound barriers will be tested with assortment of tannerite and other oddities...
    I think that range will get a lot of use.

If you were there, and that sort of vandalism occurred, wouldn't you report it, stop it, or something?

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Why bother to pave the parking lot/driveway given the way the road to get there is. I like using that shooting range, but come on seems like a waste of funds. Very glad to have an alternative to *****wood.....

The Maude Road Shooting Range Committee has a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maud-...422497?fref=ts I wish them the best. It's a very time consuming task keeping a range clean and running. Hopefully there are users that are willing to donate their time.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I have no problem letting those in charge know when I see some one doing damage out there. We need to 'self police' the place to keep it open. I think that part of the reason for paving the parking area is to be more ADA compliant. I was told that the old pathway to the 100 yard shooting did not meet the ADA requirements, hence the pathway was redone.
    I know that last year DNR closed the range on Wed so they could do clean up. I have been out there at times and also did a little cleaning and I know others that have done the same thing.
    We can only hope that everyone respects all of the work that has been done and works to keep it going!