Thread: Kenai chest holster by GunfightersINC

Default Kenai chest holster by GunfightersINC

Does anybody have experience with one of these?

They look good!

Please, post some pictures?
    Steve

I like them, I think is the way to go. 150 bucks but worth it.

I have considered getting one for my bear gun, there is a guy here who was/is a dealer for them I believe, he's on fb dark systems inc was his company name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've ordered one for my 5" X Frame. Then I came across the Diomond D guides choice. I'm getting both (somebody's getting a present of the one I don't like as well) I'll write my opinions here after using but for right now: the Kenai will be unaffected by water and easy to clean, BUT, they can't make one big enough to cover all my barrel, they told me it can't be worn to the side, out of the way of binoculars, and it might be noisy. The Guides Choice: easy to wear to the side, covers entire barrel, their craftsmanship is top notch, and will no doubt be quiet, BUT it will get wet and somewhat hard to clean inside and I expect the retention will eventually loosen up like all leather holsters and need tightened up. Time will tell which one "just feels right"

It will be nice to see a side by side review. I've been wearing the DIamond D for the part 8 years and only have positive things to say about it.

I have to say that for those of us of a female persuasion, the adjustability of the Diamond D is a huge win - I've been using one for a few years and really love it. This does not apply for most of you, I think, but the Kenai does not look very female-friendly-if-you-know-what-I-mean.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Thanks for the insight mlshore. The Wife has confiscated my 657, but not had to carry it yet. I was wondering how the Diamond D would work for her after seeing the female pics on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    Thanks for the insight mlshore. The Wife has confiscated my 657, but not had to carry it yet. I was wondering how the Diamond D would work for her after seeing the female pics on their site.
    I'm really happy with it! It's very adjustable and I've been wearing it comfortably with backpacks, fishing packs, and just on its own.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Image link?
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Some years back I bought a chest holster from Wes Daems , 7x Leather , for my 629 . I will never need another one . Incredible workmanship to the very last detail .

I guess I lied. There'll be no side by side comparison. I got my Diomond D and and canceled the order for the Kenai. I don't usually prattle on about products but that's the finest holster of any kind I've owned. Did a couple modifications and it's perfect. I'm sure I'm not telling you folks anything you don't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by mlshore View Post
    I have to say that for those of us of a female persuasion, the adjustability of the Diamond D is a huge win - I've been using one for a few years and really love it. This does not apply for most of you, I think, but the Kenai does not look very female-friendly-if-you-know-what-I-mean.
    Don't feel too left out. My wife and her friend just ordered flashbang holsters for their glocks.

I'm jealous - they are so cool, but folks already laugh at my shooting, no way will I give them reason to laugh at my draw (from a manbra).