Thread: Glove Recommendations

Default Glove Recommendations

I'm looking for recommendations on warm and waterproof (or as close as you can get) gloves for paddling the pack raft or Cat on mid to late season hunts. I have tried several from Cabelas and REI with no luck.

Thanks

Depends how wet you plan to get. For a Packraft in anything but a lake use waterproof neoprene gloves. Get good expensive ones (NRS, Ripcurl), not Glacier Gloves. If wet conditions, but less chance of submerging hands, like catarafting class II, then the next best are the rubber insulated fishing gloves. But don't get the insides wet. Lastly, quality gore-tex gloves are good for light rain.

I have a pair of NRS gloves that are a few years old and like them. made for rafting right? I have tried other neoprene gloves and they are shredded after a week on the river.

Well I never plan on getting to wet but you know how that goes. I guess Im looking for some warmth and protection while paddling in cooler temp, in the rain or sleet and snow. I have been checking out the NRS gloves and I seen a couple that look pretty good and have good reviews. The two I'm looking at are the Hydro Skin Gloves and Toaster Mitts. Thank you for the info.

I use a $17 pair of insulated fish processor's gloves. Warm enough and 100% waterproof

Casper50, Great idea do you put any liners on the inside? Or is there a need?

No need for liners. I've used my pair for the last two years. I'll be taking them again this year.