Thread: Waders for a tall guy

Default Waders for a tall guy

Any of you tall thin guys have a suggestion on a pair of breathable chest waders that fit?

I'm 6' 7" with a 1 shoe and weigh about 210. I wanted to get a set of Simms G3s but to get the length I need (37"-38") I have to go to an XLL and deal with a 47"-48" girth. I'd have room for a couple of me in that. I did call Simms and they do not do any custom fitting beyond the foot size.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
    Any of you tall thin guys have a suggestion on a pair of breathable chest waders that fit?

I'm 6' 7" with a 1 shoe and weigh about 210. I wanted to get a set of Simms G3s but to get the length I need (37"-38") I have to go to an XLL and deal with a 47"-48" girth. I'd have room for a couple of me in that. I did call Simms and they do not do any custom fitting beyond the foot size.
    I meant a 13 shoe.

I can definitely relate...I wanted Simms as well. Check out Orvis Silver Sonic, XLT. They fit me pretty well and I don't have a ton of extra material crowding things up. I'm an inch shorter than you and carry an extra 20 pounds, size 14 shoe. Reading the size charts, I thought I'd be settling yet again, but have been pleasantly surprised at how well they fit. Have been very pleased with Orvis's customer service as well. I do a lot of scrambling over boulders in New Mexico, and after a little slip I tore my Silver Sonics right at the seam in the crotch. I sent them the waders asking for a repair or replace and I received a brand new set, no questions asked, 10 days later. I'm very hard on gear and this is the first set of waders I've owned that can handle the abuse I dish out (within reason)...miles and miles of hiking through some nasty stuff. Check it out...
    "Live that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Show respect to all and grovel to none. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

Quote Originally Posted by AF EOD View Post
    I can definitely relate...I wanted Simms as well. Check out Orvis Silver Sonic, XLT. They fit me pretty well and I don't have a ton of extra material crowding things up. I'm an inch shorter than you and carry an extra 20 pounds, size 14 shoe. Reading the size charts, I thought I'd be settling yet again, but have been pleasantly surprised at how well they fit. Have been very pleased with Orvis's customer service as well. I do a lot of scrambling over boulders in New Mexico, and after a little slip I tore my Silver Sonics right at the seam in the crotch. I sent them the waders asking for a repair or replace and I received a brand new set, no questions asked, 10 days later. I'm very hard on gear and this is the first set of waders I've owned that can handle the abuse I dish out (within reason)...miles and miles of hiking through some nasty stuff. Check it out...
    Thank you for the input. I'll look into it.