Thread: DRUNK/STONED shooter@ Gravel Pit, I love them

Default DRUNK/STONED shooter@ Gravel Pit, I love them

Every Monday I make the rounds to pick-up fresh brass at the local gravel pits. The WEALTHY children of Anchorage, must get a huge allowance. But, the treasure is how many live cartridges they drop while drunk/stoned reloading. Firing pin untouched to the primer. If these are your drunk children please ask them to drop more 20 ga. shells, they have over gifted me with 12 ga.

Yeah I never buy brass anymore. I just trade the free stuff at the gravel pits for the brass I need. It's trickle down economics (brass). Life is great and stupid rich folks makes it that much better. Sorry, not all rich folks are stupid, but there are plenty to keep me in brass.

I hear ya. I've found full boxes of 12 ga. and only a handful of 20 ga. Funny too when you go down range to pick up litter and find the paper targets with not a hole in them.

I picked up a pile of unbroken clay pigeons a while back.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I don't understand all the brass I pick up at the 100 yard target line, I mean I know some autos throw brass funny but that seems a little excessive?

Many of these folks can't hit anything at 20 feet but if they move to the 100yd range, no one expects them to hit anything so they don't feel so bad.

What frustrates me, is all the other junk these bozos leave behind. The crap they brought for targets, that might even include a tv or other appliance. I used to shoot at a state gravel pit on Holt Lamplight road. I always hauled everything back out, and usually ended up taking others trash with me. But alas, soon the pit was full of garbage. It is completely blocked off now with signs posted. Same with the Native pits on the Escape Route. Some people are just slobs.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.