Thread: Wooldridge Pilot House owners - Ride request

Default Wooldridge Pilot House owners - Ride request

I'm in the process of buying a new boat. I've pretty much settled on getting a Wooldridge and I'm working with a salesman on a quote. I'd like to go on a ride with someone who owns one, preferably a 23' or a 26' without the extended cabin/head option. I'm looking at getting a 23' built with a foot added on (the smallest they'll do self-bailing rear decks on now). I'm interested in feeling how she rides before I drop the dough. I've never ridden in a Wooly SSP and the internet forums knock the ride because it's lighter than most off shore boats.

Unfortunately I'm only off Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday and can't get vacation time over the summer. So if you're headed out mid-week and don't mind a passenger, I'd like to tag along. I live in the Valley, but I'll meet up just about any where from here to Seward.

Thanks for looking.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Default Might be easier to ride one in Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    I'm in the process of buying a new boat. I've pretty much settled on getting a Wooldridge and I'm working with a salesman on a quote. I'd like to go on a ride with someone who owns one, preferably a 23' or a 26' without the extended cabin/head option. I'm looking at getting a 23' built with a foot added on (the smallest they'll do self-bailing rear decks on now). I'm interested in feeling how she rides before I drop the dough. I've never ridden in a Wooly SSP and the internet forums knock the ride because it's lighter than most off shore boats.

Unfortunately I'm only off Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday and can't get vacation time over the summer. So if you're headed out mid-week and don't mind a passenger, I'd like to tag along. I live in the Valley, but I'll meet up just about any where from here to Seward.

Thanks for looking.
    We ordered a 26 foot Wooldridge SSP last month and expect delivery in the spring. We have not ridden in one either. We are upgrading from a 20 foot boat, so I'm sure the ride will be a big improvement over that. I would suggest you talk with them and fly down there when they are planning to sea trial a finished boat. Once you get serious about one, it is difficult to choose all the options over the phone and Internet anyway. We spent two days with them at their shop going over boats under construction and looked at two boats they had just delivered. It's probably not going to ride as well as a heavier boat like a glaciercraft, seawolf, or bayweld. You are going to pay a much lower price for a W/B and enjoy significantly better fuel economy with the lighter design. Every boat is a compromise, but this one made the most sense for us. Best of luck shopping.

By the way Grant and Danny and the whole crew there at W/B are a pleasure to work with.

I've already been working with Danny. This is my second new boat, so I'm familiar with exactly what options I want on this boat. The only thing we've been hashing out are some custom things I want done. Danny has been very helpful throughout the entire process so far.

I intend to fly down there when it gets closer to time to actually drop the dough. I was just hoping someone around here had one I could ride on.

Grant Wooldridge was perusing the boards and saw my post. I got a PM from him and a call from Danny, both offering me a test ride on boats they were building. Unfortunately I can't take them up on their offer right now (maybe in a month or two), but that is awesome customer service!

I have a friend with a 26 he goes out on mid week trips, I can try and get you in touch with him. BK on the forum here is out in the valley he has a 27, I bet he will chime in here soon. We went out with him last weekend in PWS had a great time, his boat gets great MPG.

PM sent...
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Kay9,
    PM me, I am in Palmer with a 27 boat. Right around the corner from Stanly.

Bk

A big thanks to Brian (bkmail) for showing me his boat and talking Woodridge today. A thank you to Andy (Stanly) for giving me some pointers about things to consider on the new boat build.

I'm still looking for a smaller Woodridge SSP to take a ride on.

Running the 23' Pilot House, would love to go for a ride and talk Wooly. PM sent with contact info, maybe we can match up schedules.
    The Tug is the Drug
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2007 Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - Evinrude Etec 225 - "Eagle VI"

K9,
    Anytime, hope we gave you some ideas.

Looks like cavoak is your man to go for a ride! When you get the build going, keep us posted with pics.
    Bk