Thread: any local trainers or recommendations for trainers in MN

Default any local trainers or recommendations for trainers in MN

Hi all,
    I am looking into purchasing a new lab pup, and I am wondering if there are any local trainers that start retrievers in the area. She is currently 9 weeks old and comes from really good hunting parents, but I don't have the time to get her started right.

Quote Originally Posted by wbshoeing View Post
    Hi all,
    I am looking into purchasing a new lab pup, and I am wondering if there are any local trainers that start retrievers in the area. She is currently 9 weeks old and comes from really good hunting parents, but I don't have the time to get her started right.

Check with Baron Rae, at Wetland Retrievers. He trains retrievers for hunting, hunt tests, and trials. He is very good with young dogs, from what I have seen. He is located on Palmer Fishhook Road, toward hatcher pass.

Your pup probably will not be old enough for serious training until she is about 6 months of age - but Baron may take her on as a youngster and get her introduced to all the fun puppy type training.

Congrats on your new pup.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

I guess I should have read the entire title.. which only shows up when you open the thread. LOL

Where in MN are you? Are there any MN forums you could get some referrals from?
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

I am in Palmer Alaska, the puppy is in Minnesota. Thank you for Baron Rae's name, I will contact him.

Took my dog to Baron and it was the best decision!!!!
    I'll take my dog back to Barons for more advanced training when I get back from my deployment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Willow Creek Kennels in Little Falls, MN.
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by wbshoeing View Post
    Hi all,
    Terry Holzinger has a great reputation and based on that we started our new pup with him. After seeing how he worked with Blu during the initial two weeks we brought him back for more advanced work and have been very happy. His approach is very calm and low key, but firm. He is located in Prior a lake, just south of Minneapolis. Been doing it a long time.

Not sure if you are still looking, but if you are, Mike Schulenburg at Wings and Whistles in Watertown, MN is a great trainer and has a great reputation!