Thread: Front sight for Ruger SRH Toklat

Default Front sight for Ruger SRH Toklat

I would like to replace the stock sights on my Toklat and can only find one choice:

http://shopruger.com/Super-Redhawk-Hi-Viz-Front-Sight/productinfo/90426/

I'm stunned there is no company that makes a tritium sight or large front sight. Meprolight, Trijicon, XS, TruGlo, Ameriglo, Heinie, Speedsights don't.

Does anyone know of another sights options for the Toklat.

Sure they do. Any sights for the Super Redhawk / GP100 are what you are looking for. Meprolight...

http://www.amazon.com/MeproLight-Rug...N%3DB00IECNLOI
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I don't think they fit. the Toklat has a long ramp, three-screw front sight:

Oh ya, the one I pulled up is the rear sight.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Glocks have dozens of options for new sights. In spite of that, I know of many people who will apply neon paint to their existing sights to be able to better see the sight. I may just try that approach although the red chip in the stock front sight is plastic and I don't know how well the paint will adhere to plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiawiwb View Post
    I would like to replace the stock sights on my Toklat and can only find one choice:

http://shopruger.com/Super-Redhawk-Hi-Viz-Front-Sight/productinfo/90426/

I'm stunned there is no company that makes a tritium sight or large front sight. Meprolight, Trijicon, XS, TruGlo, Ameriglo, Heinie, Speedsights don't.

Does anyone know of another sights options for the Toklat.
    You may want to look at shaping & drilling a front-sight block (from Brownell's, etc.), then installing the sight you want.

My Toklat came with an extra brass bead front sight and an extra rear 'express' sight.

I too would prefer a new set w/ a 'U' shaped wide rear and either an XS Big Dot front or the Trijicon Hi-visibility orange circled night sight.

I just got in the HiViz front sight ordered from RugerParts and installed it. It is much more visible than the red plastic even though the fiberoptic vial is very thin. I don't know why Ruger wouldn't have designed the vial to be 2 or 3 times the size. A size akin to TruGlo vials. The Toklat is more designed to acquire a target quickly than to be a precise target shooter and the HiViz front sight should have reflected that.

Here is a picture of the Speedsights that I have on my Glock 17. As you can see, the front sight jumps out at you which is what I was trying to accomplish:

I'll try to take a picture of the newly-installed HiViz front sight and post it. It's difficult to compress it enough for it to post here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are a few pictures of the Toklat with the HiViz front sight:

Two more. I think it is a definitely improvement over the red plastic but you can judge for yourself.

That does look like an improvement. Does it seem pretty durable? I had a fiber optic on my Benelli until one day it was just gone...just left the metal mounting section.

I've never had an F/O sight before but the vial does look well made and well secured in the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiawiwb View Post
    Here are a few pictures of the Toklat with the HiViz front sight:
    Nice. I'll have to look into that for mine. Where did you pick that up?

I got it at RugerParts.com. $29.95, can't beat that. The 3-screw front ramp sight is relatively new. There was another boutique shop (whose name escaped me right now) who makes a front sight for the old style ruger SRH front sight. I talked to them and they said that the ramp style was new and they would be coming on board at some point with a ramp-style front sight and suspected that others will at as well.

http://shopruger.com/Super-Redhawk-H...uctinfo/90426/

wiiawiwb, which size did you get and why? When I looked they offered two sizes.
    Steve