Thread: Kids age 3-4 fishing out of seward?????

Default Kids age 3-4 fishing out of seward?????

I have always wanted to find a little place for my kids ages around 4 to use their snoopy poles for some fish. We go out and catch halibut and silvers, but the kids cant really do any of that just yet. Is there a place close around seward that we can break out the snoopy poles and catch some herring? Or even pollack or small P cod ? Thanks

I don't know about Seward but Hope is made for what your talking about, day trip or a whole weekend camping, it's hands down the best place I've ever seen for a kid to catch a salmon. Might have to wait your turn for a spot to open up that the kids can safely stand in on a weekend.

Homer spit pollock fishing is probably second in my book.

We hammered the crap out of cod trolling just out of the Seward harbor one trip but that's the only time I've fished there so I don't know if that's normal or if it could be duplicated from the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of Seward, give the rock just a little south east of the Thumb Cove Light a shot for small rock fish. It will show out of the water on a low tide, get right up on it and drop a small white jig with a little bit of herring stuck to the hook right off of the bottom. I take my daughter there and she drops with the smallest spinning rod I have, fun for all ages. We'll typically keep two or three of the bigger ones, gutted and scaled, then cooked whole they are pretty tasty.

Jojo,
    Have you checked your pm's?
    Bk

have you tried the docks in Seward just an idea you can get all types of fish SID

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Sid nailed it. Take the kiddos down to the docks, they'll have a blast catching flounder and pollack all day long.

Preacher Pond, Grouse Lake, south end of Trail Lake are good places close to the roads near town.

you will also get some different fish than that, I know my kids did in the low light at night an they tasted great SID

when ever I'm on the boat and want to put the kids on some small fish I go to sunny cove on the south end of it. there are a lot of small rockfish in there.

Might be the wrong time of year(I will have to check) but I used to catch sea run dollies at the end of Lowell point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    have you tried the docks in Seward just an idea you can get all types of fish SID

+ 1 for sure. Best bet IMO.
    Tony

Yep, Seward docks. In the spring you can catch herring

Fourth of July Creek when the pinks are in is a good spot for the kids to have some fun.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856