Thread: tankless water heater suggestions

Default tankless water heater suggestions

I've had a paloma legacy tankless water heater at the cabin for the last 12 yrs and have never been happy with it. it has never consistently provided hot water, most of the time it is really just warm water. the pilot light has also always been a pain in the rear. I've descaled it multiple times, rebuilt the water/propane valve, adjusted everything that can be adjusted multiple times. now I'm thinking I will just replace it. went to Susitna energy and they recommended Bosch therm 520. when I start looking at reviews of tankless water heaters it seems like they all can have the same problems I'm having now and I would hate to go to the trouble of replacing it and wind up in the same situation. the bosch heaters don't get real good reviews on line but I am always skeptical of online reviews.
    can anybody give a good report on a tankless water heater that they use at their cabin? we have a well and our pressure tank is set at 30-50psi. we are using propane for the heater, would prefer a heater that doesn't require electricity to operate but could do it if is was worth it.

We lived with a propane fired, piezo ignited Bosch unit for several years. Never had a single problem with the unit and wouldn't hesitate to go with one again.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Contact Wilber Pryor
    2450 Tongrass Ave.
    Box 115 Ketchikan Ak. 99901
    wilberpryor@hotmail.com
    I had a friend that had one his units and was quite happy, The igniter works on a small battery.

We picked up one of these this spring.T-KJr2-IN Takagi Tankless Indoor Water Heater. It does take power but we only use water when the generator is on. We hooked it up to it's own 100# bottle. We have gone 2 months on a bottle and do not run out of hot water. It does have a electrical freeze protection system on it but we are going battery before winter.

I had two issues to contend with. When we added the addition our water pressure was unacceptable. Also our old tankless unit barley produced enough hot water for one shower. Eric Johnson came over and got the water pressure way up and replaced our old hot water unit with a Bosch. The water pressure was great but we just had Lukewarm water which was darn disappointing but we found that the water pressure was so high the hot water tank couldn't keep up with the demand. Just by turning the water pressure down in the showers solved the problem. We are getting plenty of hot water for multiple showers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000TX...J3PMNG8JFSFYS1

Get the heater, pump and filter kit for $180. Is an RV on demand system. Runs off propane and 12v battery for the pump. Have a big industrial 330 gallon plastic tank on pallet as source if w/out constant water source.

This is what we've been running. Runs off of propane and the igniter works off of two D size batteries. It seems to work pretty good, the hot water gets nice and hot but you have to be pretty quick in the shower and about every 30 to 45 seconds the hot water needs to be turned up a little.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437237698.786781.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437237711.799201.jpg

A guy I knew used the Toyo and said he loved it. Had a big family too.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I've been using an EZ Tankless 101 for a couple years, and no issues. Battery-operated piezo igniter. I added a vent pipe and put it indoors (it is marketed as an outside heater) in the bathroom. Cheap enough (got mine for about $110) that I bought a second one as a backup in case the first one fails. Will boost the water temperature about 40-45 degrees at a reasonable flow rate (plenty for a nice shower but won't do that plus kitchen hot water at the same time). Also, as noted in one other post, if your flow rate is too high, then these smaller units cannot keep up.

Greg

I have Takagi in my shop running 8-12 hrs a day from late Sep thru late April to supply the hydronic heat and bathroom hot water. It burns a lot of propane but keeps the shop at 60F all winter long and has been in there 7 years so far...no problems except a new igniter last year.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Our Bosch unit is a 520 PN LP. So far it's been without fault

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see that south Anch Costco has Bosch units for sale.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"