Thread: Please help

Default Please help

Is there anywhere to fish from land in Whittier or Seward? We're North Pole folk down to check out the fishin. Any help is wayyy appreciated
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Seward, see ADF&G page at:

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/Fishi...22&RecordID=52

Silvers aren't typically caught on the beach until mid August.

In Whittier you should be able to drive to shotgun cove (?) or whatever the closest one to town is & fish there as well. No clue to what the timing is there, but there might be pinks or chums if you are just looking for something to do. Not sure I would wait for tunnel or pay the fee just to see Whittier though.

I'd go to Seward over Whittier, there is just more opportunity....

Here is the weekly report. It has everything I could think of really in general.
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/Fishin...il&area_key=22

You might stop at Hope on the way to Seward and see if the pinks are running at Resurrection Creek.

Boat and Condo are in Seward, but I live in Centreville, VA most of the year

There are a lot of places around Seward. Lowell Pt., the lagoon outflow, 4th of July Creek area and the beach near Spring Creek, also around the mouth of the Resurrection River.

It's all about timing. Reds are done for the season. Still some kings around. Pinks should be showing up soon, if not already, and silvers will be moving in soon. Caught some chums from the beach two weeks ago, they were very bright. Dollies around the creek mouths. We've caught flounder from the beach.

Just found this thread and thought I'd pop a link in here for those new to the Seward saltwater fishing scene.

We launched our Seward saltwater fishing page this summer, and it contains info on most of the popular shore-based and boat-based opportunities in Resurrection Bay and just outside the bay. We also included recreational cabins and beach camping opportunities for those looking for an overnighter.

All in all, I believe this page will be very useful for those looking at Seward saltwater fishing for the coming summer.

HERE'S THE LINK.

Enjoy!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay