Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum page on left side of screen

I'm using Safari and have not experienced any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    I'm using Safari and have not experienced any problems.
    I'm using Safari and it's hit and miss. Some days it works as it should, but most days it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Old John View Post
    I'm using Safari and it's hit and miss. Some days it works as it should, but most days it doesn't.
    I'm using it on my IPad Air, maybe that's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    It was working fine today, but just started shifting back to the left edge again. The ad that is showing every time I am seeing the left side problem is the Ford truck ad.
    Likewise here.
    Pretty sure there's a joke in there somewhere...but Mike probably wouldn't appreciate us picking on the advertiser.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Pretty sure there's a joke in there somewhere...but Mike probably wouldn't appreciate us picking on the advertiser.

No joke, fact as stated.

Another matter of fact, I just purchased a 2015 F250 Super Duty F250 two months ago, and have owned, and been driving Ford trucks for the past 30 years.

Hi Guys, we have found the problem with the forum issue going to the left side. It only happens on the Ford ad. Can a forum member please click on the ad the next time it comes up and send me the URL to it, I can go in and block it from our google account. I thought I had already done that, but apparently it is not the right URL for that particular ad. Thanks guys for all your patience.

Happened in Chrome today.

Still doing it as of 1pm today.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Still doing it here on and off I don't get on here much anymore its just a pain to have to wait to load up the left side of the page
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Okay, here is what we THINK is happening. Please let us know if your experience is different; it would be most appreciated.

The problem appears to be manifesting itself in only three places in the forums:

1. Forums Home

2. What’s New

3. Boating Forums (all forums in the boating section, including the boating forum home page)

Some time ago we created special ad zones that appear only in these sections. If the issue is manifesting only in these locations, then it's either an issue with the ad zone itself, or with the ad in those zones (currently a Ford truck ad).

Everything outside those areas is normal, as far as we know. If you see something different, by all means let us know. We hope to have this solved soon.

Thanks for your patience!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

If I see the ford ad I have a problem been going on for almost 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    If I see the ford ad I have a problem been going on for almost 3 weeks.
    Same here ........................................
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Happened to me in in fishing forums as well.

I thought I would never say this. I want the ford add back. WHY? With the new Keen add that all I get when clicking on “new post”.

Speaking of locking up this has been going on for years. I will be hopping around the difference forum on this site and I get a 402 error. This will last for hours unless I restart the computer. It happen every (edited) day.
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 08-04-2015 at 13:40. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I thought I would never say this. I want the ford add back. WHY? With the new Keen add that all I get when clicking on “new post”.

Speaking of locking up this has been going on for years. I will be hopping around the difference forum on this site and I get a 402 error. This will last for hours unless I restart the computer. It happen every (edited) day.
    Could you be more specific on the 402 error? We have had no reports of this. We did lose some linked pages on the main site temporarily, but never in the forums. Where are you seeing this?

On the Keen ad, those ads are in rotation with other ads. I have not seen that specific ad; where are you seeing it? What forum?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Could you be more specific on the 402 error? We have had no reports of this. We did lose some linked pages on the main site temporarily, but never in the forums. Where are you seeing this?

On the Keen ad, those ads are in rotation with other ads. I have not seen that specific ad; where are you seeing it? What forum?

-Mike
    Not sure about the 402 error he got, but I have had the Keen ad issue (I PM'd you a couple days ago about it). I only had it that one evening, but when I clicked to go to a post or forum, I would get a blank white page with just the "Keen" ad centered at the top of the page. I have seen the Keen ad show up a couple times since then and seemed to be working fine, but that evening it definitely was not.

-Mike
    I don't know it been a problem for so long I've have except it as normal and walk away from the computer or go to other sites.

As I said then I click on “new post” the Keen add is only thing on the screen. Good news is, I've have not seen the problem today.

Sorry I just don't pay attention until it to late.
    Tom

We hope to have this solved soon.
    No more Ford ad, no more problem.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

We had our local code talker deal with it today. Summertime, and everyone is doing other things now, but we finally got him on it. Looks like the issue is fixed.

Please post here if you continue to have problems with this particular issue.

Thanks for your patience!

-Mike

It been a week sense I had any problem including the 402 error. What every you did to fix the problem worked. TOP JOB:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12