Thread: Eastern PWS Goat hunting

Default Eastern PWS Goat hunting

I've tried researching both here and through Google and I haven't found much online about it. Harvest reports that people are doing it, I suspect they are just keeping to themselves. Anyway, does anyone have any good advice for hunting goats on the eastern side of Prince William Sound? I know Tatitlek has some of the land locked up closer to Valdez, but I am willing to travel closer to Cordova if needed.

Ron

It won't be announced till closer to the season on what areas will be opened up. It changes from year to year for the registration hunts.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

great goat hunting off the road system outa cordova...several registeration areas, brown bears, black bears and forrest service cabins. much cheaper alternative with fantastic silver fishing....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I never really thought about hunting off the road system, I just figured that pressure would be limited if hunting by boat. Interesting.

lol probably more boats in cordova than cars
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Lots of opportunity from the water. Problem is anchoring up for several days while you are ashore. Better if you can get someone to drop you off with a marine radio or cell coverage. Some areas get hit hard. Look for old EO's closing areas for those hit hardest. Remember it will probably be wet. Crampons are a must. Goat numbers are up as two years of light snow have helped the goat herd.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thanks Dave, I was hoping that you would chime in. I'm hoping to have a aluminum dingy by hunting season. I have an inflatable but Id rather not give the bears another chew toy.