Thread: Kenai: Slow and steady gets it done.

Default Kenai: Slow and steady gets it done.

Went down on Saturday night, got on the water Sunday at 6. This weekend was the least crowded I've ever dealt with down there, which was very nice. Staying on the water until 11pm got us 56 fish, slow spotty fishing but still doable. It was surprising to see how many people pulled their boats by 9 when it really slowed down. Sunday was basically a repeat, but with 2 hours of hotter fishing in the afternoon when a slug of them were in the mouth. 70 for Sunday, 126 trip total for 2 days. Not bad, in my opinion. Don't be discouraged by low sonar numbers, just get on the water and stay on the water and you can get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    Went down on Saturday night, got on the water Sunday at 6. This weekend was the least crowded I've ever dealt with down there, which was very nice. Staying on the water until 11pm got us 56 fish, slow spotty fishing but still doable. It was surprising to see how many people pulled their boats by 9 when it really slowed down. Sunday was basically a repeat, but with 2 hours of hotter fishing in the afternoon when a slug of them were in the mouth. 70 for Sunday, 126 trip total for 2 days. Not bad, in my opinion. Don't be discouraged by low sonar numbers, just get on the water and stay on the water and you can get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you use a 2 stroke anymore?

Release Lake Trout

Only if it meets the clean air standards (like an evinrude injected 2 stroke etc.).