Thread: 125g Accubonds in short supply, now what

Default 125g Accubonds in short supply, now what

I have been working up sheep hunting loads in my .308. I got the 125g accubonds to shoot real good, but only have about 10 bullets left to load up and practice with. They are on backorder every place on the planet. There is not a box anyplace to be had. Just my luck. I am re-working the 150g accubond now and the 130g TTSX. It would be much easier if somebody would sell/trade me a box of 125g accubonds.

Anybody have a box to spare?

I would contact Nosler. They might even have some blems the place I usually get them from is out of Accubonds in all calibers.

Just my opinion, but I don't think a guy can go wrong with Partitions either.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daved View Post
    I have been working up sheep hunting loads in my .308. I got the 125g accubonds to shoot real good, but only have about 10 bullets left to load up and practice with. They are on backorder every place on the planet. There is not a box anyplace to be had. Just my luck. I am re-working the 150g accubond now and the 130g TTSX. It would be much easier if somebody would sell/trade me a box of 125g accubonds.

Anybody have a box to spare?
    I would go find some 125gr ballistic tips to practice with the ballistic tip is .020 shorter but BC and SD are identical to the 125gr AB. Save the AB you have for the hunt and load whatever you have leftover of the 125gr BT for back up ammo to the remaining AB you will have on hand.

I thought about the Ballistic tips, there are some at cabelas. Still have to load and then reload and retest to make sure. Same as if I was developing a new load, so that is what I did. I got the 150's to shoot and lucked out on a 168g TTSX load too. Would have been nice to have the 125's since I had that dialed in, oh well.

And the lesson here is: If it involves ammo or reloading components.........Effective Nov. 2012, never assume what you want will be stocked and available for purchase. Have at the very least a two year supply of everything you will ever need in your possession...........

Quote Originally Posted by Daved View Post
    I thought about the Ballistic tips, there are some at cabelas. Still have to load and then reload and retest to make sure. Same as if I was developing a new load, so that is what I did. I got the 150's to shoot and lucked out on a 168g TTSX load too. Would have been nice to have the 125's since I had that dialed in, oh well.
    I use the 180 BT and 180 ABs interchangeably in my .300WSM.

I can't detect any change in point of impact between the two. Modern BTs are much tougher than previous versions were. I doubt the .308 would over stress them at all. As a bonus, you can get them in Nosler factory ammo as well as components.

I'd try the 125 BTs and rock on.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    And the lesson here is: If it involves ammo or reloading components.........Effective Nov. 2012, never assume what you want will be stocked and available for purchase. Have at the very least a two year supply of everything you will ever need in your possession...........
    I have that merit badge already for all the guns I reload for, except this one. It is new. I agree, find out what you need and stock up. Very frustrating to not find simple components, and then have them out of stock for most of a year.

Any reason why you are stuck on the 125gr version for? Not a good bullet in the wind with that poor B.C. Have you tried the 150gr Accubond?

Barnes has a 130gr. TTSX bullet.

I ordered some accubonds and partitions from Cabelas the 5th of May. They backordered them with a tentative date of the 25th of July. I just now got another tentative date for the 25th of Sept. What the hell is up with that? Can't Nosler produce enough bullets anymore? I'm just going to wait them out. I'll pick up whatever I can in the meantime. Unbelievable.

I have a full, unopened box if 125 Ballistic Tips, if that will do.

PM me