Thread: Broken Hoops

Default Broken Hoops

Got 2 intact handles looking for 2 hoops to fit on. Don't think the hoops are fixable. Imagine I'm not the only one in this predicament. Any body got hoops for sale?
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

B+J had nets (just the hoop) last time I checked, designed to receive a tubing-style handle. I don't remember the diameter.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Mike's welding in sterling sells the entire nets or just hoops and handles. If you have his nets he can probably fix them for you.
    Then again if you had one of his nets they wouldn't be broken to begin with.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Mike's welding in sterling sells the entire nets or just hoops and handles. If you have his nets he can probably fix them for you.
    Agreed. Mike makes the best nets out there. I've only met one person who had a weld on one of his nets break. They took it in, he handed them a new replacement hoop on the spot. Mike does great work, and stands behind it!

Not sure about that. I've had 2 of Mikes beach net hoops break on me, but only after years of use. The first one was one of his original beach designs with the offset handle, it fished nice but the torque was unbelievable during the high tide swing. He fixed it for a fee and moved the attach point to the center. The other one simply broke at the weld and ended up bending about 8 inches of hoop outward. That one will get fixed by another welder only because I am going to experiment with a new net attachment system.

Mike does QUALITY work, and guarantees all of it. I did once have the "narrowed down" end of one of my extensions come a little loose. I took it back to the shop, and he just went and grabbed me a replacement and sent me on my way.

I've also taken nets there to have new webbing put on. They do it on the spot QUICKLY, and with a smile!! I can't say enough good about that place from the time I've been using his nets, about 9-10 years. Good guy!! (And no, he's not a friend, or a relative, just one of those really good people in the world, in my opinion.)