Thread: PWS salmon

Default PWS salmon

Thinking about looking for Coho in PWS out of Whittier. I have never targeted salmon in PWS as I am usually halibut or rockfishing. Any general areas that would be good starting point for a mid week excursion. Not looking for specifics just general areas. Somewhere this side of Naked if possible. I usually go on to Seward but weather looks kind of iffy Thursday or Friday so I thought I would try something new. I appreciate any thoughts. Ken

Scroll down a few threads and u should see the PWS coho discussion. Lots of locations already mentioned there. The silvers are in and being caught from Passage Canal to Montague Island. Good fishing to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken,

Basically the same type of structure you'd fish in Seward, i.e. in close to the capes, tips of islands and mouths of bays. I've taken them off both ends of Culross Island and many of the islands further out in the sound. Look for jumpers and start drifting or trolling along the shore in those areas. Even if you don't see jumpers, those are the areas I'd be fishing.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Thanks all, I will look for the other thread. Ken

I'd start at n. end of Culross in Perry, Troll a bit, no bites pick up and move south. They are stacked from the Port Nellie Juan light to Crafton.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am