Thread: Kids Fishing Near Anchorage/Eagle River

Default Kids Fishing Near Anchorage/Eagle River

Looking for some suggestions on places nearby to take my 8yoa and 6yoa fishing that's close to drive to. Thought about the Kenai but only have one weekend day available and that makes a really long day for them. Be great if I could find some hungry trout to catch and release for them. I appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

Steve

Beach lake gets stocked all the time it has alot of small rainbows, landlocked salmon, and grayling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I've had a lot of luck at Keplar/Bradley Park in the valley. Short 45 min drive from Anchorage. Either bring a canoe or rent one of theirs, however their rentals are pricey. My 7 yr old caught about a dozen grayling/trout in a couple of hours. They are small but I hear there are bigger fish in there. Having him experience that has caused him to eat sleep and dream about fishing.

Go to Hope and fish the Ressurrection creek there. MY twins last year (5 at the time) used fly rods and hooked, fought and landed pink salmon all day. I will be there soon to get them on some fish. They have a blast

Well, not sure where you went, but I took some kids to Beach lake today. Not great fishing as we went from 2pm to 5pm, but lots of trout cruising around. It was weed free, and very fishable.

We ended up going to Kepler/Bradley Sunday. Found the little rainbows, kids caught about five or so each and had a blast. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it! Even though it was sunny the fish were still active. They really like bright flashy spinner, although they seem to go after just about anything. They kept attacking a bopper but it didn't have hook on it!

Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    Go to Hope and fish the Ressurrection creek there. MY twins last year (5 at the time) used fly rods and hooked, fought and landed pink salmon all day. I will be there soon to get them on some fish. They have a blast
    Brought my son down there today. Lots of fish and a lotta fun for him. You don't have to bunch up at mouth as there are fish all up and down the river. As the day progressed it started getting a bit crowded as usual. Waders are very helpful but plenty caught fish without getting in the water.